Hi all.

I often find my self wishing that Android had more Notification Styles available to choose from. As far as I'm aware there are four default styles:

Sound,
    Sound and pop-up
    Silent
    Silent and minimised

If it's possible I'd like to have these as additional styles:

Sound and minimised
    Minimised (no sound)
    Pop-up (no sound)

It would be nice to have 'No notification' as an option too, for those times when there are multiple notifications under a single 'Notification Category'. Making it so you don't need to disable the whole category.

Does anyone know if it's possible to add new styles? Maybe a 3rd party app? I'd much prefer doing it without an app but that's likely going to have to be done with the help of something like Android Studio, and that's even if it is possible. I'm no programmer or developer, well not yet anyway.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    08-13-2019 07:59 PM
    Since those are 'baked in', either to the app or to Android (depending on where you want to add them), you'd have to be a developer and learn how to develop Android apps (which is, basically, Java) - but you'd have to learn programming first.

Or ask the developers for the particular apps to add them to their apps.
    VidJunky and everway9 like this.
    08-14-2019 03:24 PM
    Since those are 'baked in', either to the app or to Android (depending on where you want to add them), you'd have to be a developer and learn how to develop Android apps (which is, basically, Java) - but you'd have to learn programming first.

Or ask the developers for the particular apps to add them to their apps.
    Hi @Rukbat

Thanks for stopping by.

Yeah, I was hoping to add the extra styles to the stock notification settings found when accessing an apps 'App Info' screen.

Is it difficult to add new Notification Styles?-screenshot_20190816-223213_settings.jpg

I don't know about you or anyone else but many times when I'm modifying notifications I'm wanting a combination which isn't available. Nevermind.

As I didn't fnd anything of use when searching online I was thinking that there's probably not going to be an easy way to do this but I thought I'd post just in case.

I've recently started researching platform tools, ADB etc. Rooting is also something I've looked at. When/if I gain enough knowledge about all that then a way to add new notification styles may pop up. Haha, there's loads of things I'd do then and notification styles would be near the bottom of my list.

Thanks again.
    08-16-2019 05:13 PM