Look at how jumbled my notifications are now

taco-man

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
After updating to Android 9, I often (not always) get this mess. Any idea what's going on here? Excuse the redactions.

Attachments

• iMarkup_20191003_114827.jpg
    iMarkup_20191003_114827.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 20

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you only pull them partially down, or push them partially up, you can get that. Pull all the way down, then scroll through them.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Looks like you have ads in your notifications panel check what apps are causing this
I agree with this. OP, try to clear your notifications dismissing or checking out the "legit" ones like Gmail, Android System and such and then post another screenshot with those ads. They could come from apps filled with adware or from your browser, if you allowed some sites to send you notifications.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree with this. OP, try to clear your notifications dismissing or checking out the "legit" ones like Gmail, Android System and such and then post another screenshot with those ads. They could come from apps filled with adware or from your browser, if you allowed some sites to send you notifications.
I remember we troubleshoot another person with almost same issue.

taco-man

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
It is an LG V30. I think what I have is different than what's in that other thread. What you're seeing here are my email notifications, not ads. Sometimes they look jumbled. Sometimes they look somewhat normal. I can often swipe up, then down again and that straightens them out.

Funny, I waited so long for PIE, and in the back of my mind, I thought, "who cares, my phone is fine now, and PIE might do something negative." Well here we are.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is all of that jumble actually part of the same email or notification, or is any of that extraneous? In other words, does that Guitar Center email actually contain something about a chance to win $50,000?

taco-man

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Is all of that jumble actually part of the same email or notification, or is any of that extraneous? In other words, does that Guitar Center email actually contain something about a chance to win $50,000?
The $50,000 prize is part of the Guitar Center email. The "secret ingredient" is from the Smith Brothers email, the "top 3 tips" is from the Facebook email. So - doesn't appear to be extraneous.

I also noticed, when jumbled, clicking on the notification isn't opening the email app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it happen with other app notifications as well, or only for the Gmail app? What if you use a different email app?

taco-man

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Does it happen with other app notifications as well, or only for the Gmail app? What if you use a different email app?

It occurs on both email apps, "Gmail" (both email addresses there), and "Email" with my work (Exchange Account) email. In the original post, the image shows the red Gmail label at the top, as well as the bluish @Email label below. Both have jumbly stuff.

taco-man

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing it's a bug with the Pie update, as you may have already suspected as well. It looks like there were problems with the initial rollout, but that was a couple of months ago: https://piunikaweb.com/2019/08/20/lg-v30-android-pie-update-reportedly-pulled-from-lg-bridge/. Can you try reinstalling the firmware via LG Bridge?

My phone doesn't appear to have LG AirDrive, so I don't think LG Bridge is compatible. I wonder if there is another way to reinstall. Maybe through Verizon?