For sometime now, possibly since the OTA upgrade to Pie/9.0 I have noticed that WiFi is very intermittent at connecting on my phone.

I've noticed this more at home (as it's the WiFi i use the most often) - what happens is I'll be using my phone as normal, and notice it's using mobile data. I'll check the WiFi status, which is switched on, but not connected to my WiFi AP.

Sometimes it feels like I have to 'nudge' the phone to remind it to connect to WiFi. Usually if i go to the WiFi settings page, it will find my WiFi and connect, but not without me manually going there first. Other times I have to manually search for the WiFi AP, and tap on it to connect.

It's very frustrating and feels like an android bug.

Similar things happen on other WiFi networks - I'm doubtful it's an issue with my WiFi router as other devices don't have this problem.

Handset: Sony Xperia XA2 (H3113)
    Android 9
    Build: 50.2.A.0.400
    10-13-2019 10:56 AM
    Have you tried looking in wifi control history? Sometimes a app downloaded can have access to turn off.
    10-13-2019 11:48 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! See if wiping the cache partition helps: https://www.getdroidtips.com/wipe-ca...ny-xperia-xa2/. If not, then see if it also happens in Safe Mode: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/s...xa2/safe-mode/
    10-13-2019 02:59 PM