Galaxy A70 - Notification sound keeps reverting to default

anon(3900582)

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
When I change the default notification tone (Alien) to another sound it doesn't stick, it reverts back to the default after a few hours/days ... very annoying.
I have a Galaxy A70 running Android Pie.
Has anybody encounter this problem?

anon(3900582)

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Are you talking about the system-wide default notification tone, or for a specific app?

The system wide notification tone. If I go to any app, for example to the calendar and under notifications I leave its tone as "Default notification sound" it's supposed to play the system wide notification tone set in system settings/sounds and vibration/Notfication sounds.
But when I set it there to any sound, after a while it reverts always to 'Alien' ... not sure how long it takes or what causes to change, sometimes I notice it after a few hours or maybe the next day.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the phone have an Automatic Restart option? That still shouldn't revert the default notification tone, but it's still worth checking into.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What app ? Like I said it can happen on any app that is set to use the default system wide notification sound ...
Is not a app ..
Reset app permission : go settings >apps>to right corner tap 3 dots >scroll dow to app preference reset.

Reset settings : go to settings >scroll down to general tap it >reset tap it>reset settings

Try app preference first

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I tried Reset App Preferences after our last post yesterday ... no luck, The annoying 'Alien' sound is back this afternoon.
I kind of hate having to reset all system settings (option 2) but I guess I'll give it a try ...
I understand but it's part of troubleshooting to try fix the issue.

anon(3900582)

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
I understand but it's part of troubleshooting to try fix the issue.

I'm not rooted so I cannot access the system notification sounds but I wonder what would happen if I delete 'Alien' sound clip. Maybe somehow the system looses track of the sound that I assign (although it works for a while) and then it defaults to the first sound in the Notifications sound list which is 'Alien'...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not rooted so I cannot access the system notification sounds but I wonder what would happen if I delete 'Alien' sound clip. Maybe somehow the system looses track of the sound that I assign (although it works for a while) and then it defaults to the first sound in the Notifications sound list which is 'Alien'...
You won't be able to delete system sounds without root. Have you tried the 2nd step ? Is this sound that reverts only happens one app or all revert back to alien that u set ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol