Is there a way to stop save apps status, Huawei phone?

Ger Cas

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Hello to all,

If I'm seeing a video on YouTube app, a website in Chrome, Firefox or checking some thread in Stack Exchange app and I minimize the app to open another app or go to home, then I return to previous app happens that automatically is refreshing the app (Youtube, Chrome, Stack Exchange or any other).

For example, if I'm seeing a video for 5 minutes, go to another app and then return to YouTube, automatically loads the same video but from the beginning, not in minute I stopped it.

The phone where this undesired refreshing happens is Huawei and has Android 9 and EMUI 9.1.0.

Another phone with Android 7.1 that is not Huawei and doesn't have EMUI, for example, doesn't make this kind of refreshing.

Is there a configuration option to stop this refreshing? Thanks in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you use the Home button (pause videos first unless you want them to keep playing in the background), run whatever other app you want, then use Recents to go back to the app you were running (YouTube, Firefox, etc.) it will be where you left it. If you use the back button, it starts up from scratch again.

Ger Cas

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi Rukbat, thanks for answer.

I've just tried to go back to recent apps using the square button to the right of home button.

It seems to open again the app when I left it but only before some 2 approx minutes. After some time if I try to go back via recent apps, the apps opens again from beginning.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
How much RAM does your Huawei have?

I have seen references to phone makers who are overly aggressive about removing background apps from memory. Any chance yours is one of those?

Last edited:

Ger Cas

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Hello, it has 3 GB of RAM? That could be the issue?

If yes, is there a workaround or only adding more RAM if possible?

Ger Cas

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Thank so much for your suggestions. I asked to Huawei support about this issue. I hope they could help with this. Regards

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon