yt music-song unavailable, playlists empty, verified songs present

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
since the last few weeks have seen indications that google plans to sunset play music soon this year, I figured it was high time I played with yt music, learned how to use it, so I could help any friends and family that have problems with it. this has led to a bit of a pickle.

its also not my first foray with this program.
-------
ok..I'm doing all of this in device files mode, NOT yt music mode.

youtube music is telling me my song is unavailable, and several playlists have spontaneously emptied themselves.

I've run the usual steps, verified file presence, cleared cache, cycled the device, GLARED at the app...cursed it out(this is the 7th time this has happened..I've earned it).

i've verified the files are present, and rebuilt the playlists when this has happened before, but this isnt the first time its happened, and taking two hours to rebuild close to 80 playlists every time is realistically not feasible.

is there SOMETHING I'm either doing wrong or not doing at all that can be the cause of this...OTHER than having a paid membership?(its ten kinds of stupid to be required to pay just to have the app remember yes, I do have files in a playlist in device mode)

once I can attribute to random glitches, twice..ok, app updated and they probably changed something...but every time after that smacks of a deliberately engineered action.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Given the fact that Google is continuing to retool YouTube Music to ultimately replace Google Play Music, I'd probably chalk this up to a bug that they haven't ironed out yet. It might be best to stick with GPM for now until Google makes a really concrete announcement about when GPM is going away.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site

that was my first action, after searching and failing to find other posters with the same problem.

Given the fact that Google is continuing to retool YouTube Music to ultimately replace Google Play Music, I'd probably chalk this up to a bug that they haven't ironed out yet. It might be best to stick with GPM for now until Google makes a really concrete announcement about when GPM is going away.

yeah thats my thinking..only it'll be poweramp. my main player.

I just need to know how to work yt music...ergo educate myself.

I do this every time there's a new program that looks useful, I figure out how to use it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I do this every time there's a new program that looks useful, I figure out how to use it.

That's a prudent approach, but as you probably already know, Google apps can got through a fair amount of flux as they get developed!:-\

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
yeah..like how one of the later updates to play music meant that if you duplicated playlists on multiple devices for offline on device file playback..it automatically lopped that playlist under the online mode, irrespective if the app was allowed to USE online mode..

some of google's approaches to things are rather aggravating to be honest.

Last edited:

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
..and google play music just did the exact same thing...what is this, playlists are like library books now? get taken away after so long?