Still No Google Calendar Dark Mode

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Running Android Q beta DP3 on my Pixel 3 XL with no issues. The only thing that hasn't received the dark mode theme is Google Calendar. I have the device set in the dark theme, but the calendar remains white. I have checked the calendar settings and there is no option to activate dark mode. Any suggestions on getting dark mode to work? BTW, I tried forcing Dark Mode via the Developer's switch, but it doesn't look right on other apps. TIA.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, if you have Android Q Beta 3, you can go into developer options and override dark mode and Force dark mode on every third party application including stock for Google applications. I hope this helps you.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
True Eric. Not received the new update either. Does the forced dark mode turn images negative?
It will turn some images on the internet on websites negative. Thankfully, it's so easy to talk a lot enough. I literally just going to settings, type in override and quickly turn off, then that web image turns back to normal basically. Other than that, nothing else happens negatively.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
It will turn some images on the internet on websites negative. Thankfully, it's so easy to talk a lot enough. I literally just going to settings, type in override and quickly turn off, then that web image turns back to normal basically. Other than that, nothing else happens negatively.
Cool. I tried it out. It is much better. But yes a few images online. Still not too weird for me. Have you enabled screen recording? Even though it is missing from the flags I enabled it using adb. Works quite well except I didn't get sound when I used it.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have gone to Android Q three times and left it twice. The last time, yesterday, I installed Android Q I clicked on the Override force-Dark in Developer Options and immediately had problems. I turned it off and my phone was fine. I'll live with no dark mode on my calendar or Keep or GMail.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm so sorry to hear that you had issues with your dark mode. I'm sure in that next beta it'll get better. My phone has been absolutely fine on the forced dark mode.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm so sorry to hear that you had issues with your dark mode. I'm sure in that next beta it'll get better. My phone has been absolutely fine on the forced dark mode.

Actually, I've decided to quit pushing the envelope and enjoy Android Q beta as it arrives for now.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I've decided to quit pushing the envelope and enjoy Android Q beta as it arrives for now.
haha, nice good for you! Believe me if it makes you feel any better in you're defense, the one major thing of Android Q beta that does not work for me so far is Android Auto! Starts up for 5 seconds in the car, then crashes! I'm patient so I can deal with it but it's annoying!

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
haha, nice good for you! Believe me if it makes you feel any better in you're defense, the one major thing of Android Q beta that does not work for me so far is Android Auto! Starts up for 5 seconds in the car, then crashes! I'm patient so I can deal with it but it's annoying!

I've had no problem with Android Auto. I drive a 1998 Nissan Frontier.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Isn't it weird how we all have different issues but essentially our phones are the same. Maybe different cpu chips but otherwise the same. I turned off force dark mode as I couldn't read messages in Hangouts properly.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had no problem with Android Auto. I drive a 1998 Nissan Frontier.
forgive me, I'm not sure if you stated this or not but are you on Android 2? It's ironic though, my future brother-in-law with his pixel 3 on beta 3 has no problems with Android Auto either and is 2018 Honda clarity. I've had nothing but issues since Android Q beta launched! Of course, I can always just wish and hope that it gets fixed ASAP. And, course, I've reported the bug issue numerous times to Google developers on the issue tracker...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it weird how we all have different issues but essentially our phones are the same. Maybe different cpu chips but otherwise the same. I turned off force dark mode as I couldn't read messages in Hangouts properly.
You go, I was just going to comment on that! We all the same exact phone on the same exact beta platform with different issues! That just adds to the confusion / frustration though haha.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
forgive me, I'm not sure if you stated this or not but are you on Android 2? It's ironic though, my future brother-in-law with his pixel 3 on beta 3 has no problems with Android Auto either and is 2018 Honda clarity. I've had nothing but issues since Android Q beta launched! Of course, I can always just wish and hope that it gets fixed ASAP. And, course, I've reported the bug issue numerous times to Google developers on the issue tracker...

Sorry, Eric. Perhaps I should have explained that Android Auto and a 1998 Nissan are not inclined to work together, therefore, I have no problems. And, no, I'm not on Android 2. Pixel 3, Android 10 beta 3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2