Preferred navigation style

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I installed Q on my phone and so far it's pretty slick. I tried the "fully gestural navigation" and while I like the concept it is kind of buggy. Especially with the picture in picture pop outs for maps and YouTube. I never really liked the hybrid of pie with the pill. So I am currently using 3 button nav. I read that in the GA Google plans to support fully gestural and 3 button. What is everyone's preferred navigation at this point

Last edited:

pablocasiano

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The new full gestures is nice but it doesn't play well with third party launchers at the moment. It also has a few bugs, when using the 3 button nav it feels snappier and more responsive so I am still debating what I like more, lol

Larzuk

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I like the concept, But until the stock launcher has more customization options I'm stuck on 2 button through Nova Launcher. Hopefully they can continue to improve both the launcher and implementation of full gestural navigation.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
So far the pop out picture in picture has been really buggy. I've also had some issues while watching YouTube (in landscape) where I try to swipe up to go home and it just brings up more videos to watch.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had issues so much with picture picture mode. I've had issues a little been trying to get into overview multitasking mode. That's really weird.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The gestures is cool. Not just because that's where every smart manufacturer is going, but it makes the experience with the whole operating system smoother in my opinion. as long as every feature of the operating system works. I have no issues with it. It's just getting your muscle memory used to everything.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Once the bugs are worked out with picture in picture I think it'll be great. Even more content can appear on the screen. Until then I will stick with the 3 buttons

Erik_1991

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Gestures all the way! BlackBerry did this with BB10 OS since the launch in 2013.. So for Android and iOS to play catch up is nice to see :D

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So far I've liked the gestures on the OnePlus 6T best, but Samsung's full-screen gestures that still use the same Back Home recents is a nice compromise.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had issues so much with picture picture mode. I've had issues a little been trying to get into overview multitasking mode. That's really weird.

This is where I'm having issues, as well (on an OG Pixel XL). But overall I like it a lot, given that I come to smartphones from a Palm Pre perspective. Now if I could only get the search bar to say, "Make it so."

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This is where I'm having issues, as well (on an OG Pixel XL). But overall I like it a lot, given that I come to smartphones from a Palm Pre perspective. Now if I could only get the search bar to say, "Make it so."
Yeah I mean I understand that the gestures aren't going to be for everyone but it's a nice way to interact with the operating system over all though.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I've only been on the beta for a little while, so I think the pill would still come naturally to me, but I'm happier with full gestures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa