mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's only available when full screen Gestures is used since you lose the pill to activate GA. When using the other navigation options the corner swipes are disabled.
I'm using full screen gestures but what I mean is Google assistant is still on Google pill to activate

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Already, just installed successfully beta 5. Optimizing applications always takes an hour and a half and 2 hours I don't understand why I barely have any applications in my phone but whatever. LTE symbol on the top is now outlined and white just the Wi-Fi symbol is. And of course the UI smoother. I'm trying to get my RCS to work even though I still can't.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It's only available when full screen Gestures is used since you lose the pill to activate GA. When using the other navigation options the corner swipes are disabled.

Is it still 'swipe up from bottom corners' to activate GA same as Beta 4 or have they changed them to Swipe in horizontally from the bottom corners?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I think it still makes sense to keep it on the pill when using that mode. For full screen the corners makes sense.
See what I mean in full gestures
If it shows in the corner then give me option to eliminate in the pill , plus squeeze it has20190710_150315.jpeg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Is it still 'swipe up from bottom corners' to activate GA same as Beta 4 or have they changed them to Swipe in horizontally from the bottom corners?
If you that works just fine. I don't really get the Google Assistant just sure because if you had the little Google assistant I called on the search bar widget it does the same thing unless you already in an application.

And another update, for some reason my RCS is still trying to verifying my phone number I don't get it...

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
If you that works just fine. I don't really get the Google Assistant just sure because if you had the little Google assistant I called on the search bar widget it does the same thing unless you already in an application.

And another update, for some reason my RCS is still trying to verifying my phone number I don't get it...
Yeah when I'm in apps that's when it was a challenge to activate GA. I disabled the squeeze feature because it got annoying with my car mount.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah when I'm in apps that's when it was a challenge to activate GA. I disabled the squeeze feature because it got annoying with my car mount.
I see, gotcha gotcha. I usually just activate Google Assistant by saying that key phrase or in the home screen so that new icons aren't that big of a deal to me.like I said, RCS still is still trying to verify my number which is still very frustrating cuz I don't know what the heck is going on.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, weird but when I'm in my frequently used apps they seem to be in full screen mode. Kind of strange. Only happens when I access it when I'm in a another app. seems to be a bug because they are bleeding over into the notification bar. I don't think it's supposed to do that. Pixel 2

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Definitely feels a lot snappier as mentioned. Hating the Google Search bar on the Home screen being dark grey even when light mode is selected

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Definitely feels a lot snappier as mentioned. Hating the Google Search bar on the Home screen being dark grey even when light mode is selected
Honestly, I I've gotten so used to the Google search my widget as the mainstay the gray color blends in with the black background of any wallpaper actually. Furthermore, I never activate Google Assistant from within another application so for me, the new gestures activate Google Assistant on home screen or from within another application don't really matter to me too too much. I had to remove my photos of full times to get the gestures from within an application going back to home screen to work smoothly. Everything does feel snappier. Like I said, the cellular data connection is now outlined in white like the Wi-Fi symbol is.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Snappy update or not, Google can cram it for limiting the dark theme boot animation to the Pixel 3s. Jerks!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Already, just installed successfully beta 5. Optimizing applications always takes an hour and a half and 2 hours I don't understand why I barely have any applications in my phone but whatever. LTE symbol on the top is now outlined and white just the Wi-Fi symbol is. And of course the UI smoother. I'm trying to get my RCS to work even though I still can't.
OK. RCS. If you are using Android Messages and can't get it to show status connected, uninstall carrier services. Then reinstall them from the play store. Go to settings- apps- messages and clear storage both data and cache. When you open messages it may say you can't use chat on your device. Restart the phone. Go back into messages and it should get you to enable chat. Then allow it to set up chat and it should work. The main issue is the carrier services. Had issues on husbands pixel 2 XL and my Samsung S7 edge and it was carrier services that was the key. Although you have to clear storage in messages as well.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

See my post on RCS eric

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
One issue I have had is that gestures keep reverting to 3 button navigation without me going to settings. I am using Action Launcher and the gestures have been working for me with it but then they crash and default back to 3 button navigation and my custom coloured theme and icon shape go back to default as well.

Didn't have these issues with beta 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000