cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
If you google the beta release schedule it looks like next week for beta 6 with the final finished copy being released to all near the end of August. So one more beta coming soon. With the smoothness of beta 5 I’m not expecting to notice much difference. I think I read it would just be some polishing and nothing much new for the last beta.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you google the beta release schedule it looks like next week for beta 6 with the final finished copy being released to all near the end of August. So one more beta coming soon. With the smoothness of beta 5 I’m not expecting to notice much difference. I think I read it would just be some polishing and nothing much new for the last beta.
Yes when I was googling the timeline for the beta releases It looks like mid end of August.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
This beta hasn't been too bad. Still a few misbehaving apps. Often my phone randomly locks when I am in the middle of doing something. This is the most annoying bug.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The only couple things I want to fix are with the always on Ambient display. Battery meter doesn't usually show and disappears, and my notifications don't automatically visually show on my own ambient display. Those two issues have to be fixed, otherwise, I'm I'm a pretty happy camper. Oh yeah and I forgot, Google bring back the good battery life in beta 4!

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The only couple things I want to fix are with the always on Ambient display. Battery meter doesn't usually show and disappears, and my notifications don't automatically visually show on my own ambient display. Those two issues have to be fixed, otherwise, I'm I'm a pretty happy camper. Oh yeah and I forgot, Google bring back the good battery life in beta 4!

Yep what you said with a massive emphasis on that battery life. It's been woeful on Beta 5

It'll be nice to get 3rd party launcher support back soon too

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep what you said with a massive emphasis on that battery life. It's been woeful on Beta 5

It'll be nice to get 3rd party launcher support back soon too
oh dude, more than woeful it's been pathetically depressy on beta 5. Up until beta 5, battery life and Android Q on my 3XL was freaking amazing! on my normal day today at usage time I can get a date and a half of juice charging off via USB in my car with Android Auto! Now, I have to charge at least once a day. Yeah the ambient display lack of visual notifications and lack of battery meter drives me nuts!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I sure hope the final version is solid..... I've grown pretty used to pie being as stable as a brick with awesome battery life, there's nothing about Q I need, I might just refuse the update for a while till I see if it's actually an improvement in any way :O

I'm not big on change unless it's change for the better ;-)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
All I want is for my Ambient display always on to show my notifications properly, and for my battery life to be amazing again other that I'm a happy camper.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
As a non beta user, I would love to hear some feedback regarding the navigation features on this last beta. Also will 3 button placement return?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC