ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes sir I Have. That's the first thing I do is force enable dark mode in developer settings which turns most applications black and then turn my accent color to whatever I want it to be. If yours is not working for some reason, I would suggest rebooting the phone.

Do you mean Dark Theme in Settings/Display? I set that and many of my apps also have a dark mode. Calendar, Messages, Keep, Contacts, Photos, and Google News are all dark mode now.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Now that I'm back to using buttons I've figured out why I don't like gestures. On Google Keep, if I muff the page back gesture it sends a list to the archive. I can get it back but it's a nuisance. If I muff a page back with GMail inbox I sent one or two messages to the trash. Again, if I notice I can recover but it's a nuisance. So, I'll stick with two-buttons as long as I have the option. I think Google is heading to nothing but gestures.
For that, I do understand what you mean. I've tried the back dresser and Google and the same thing happens to me too. however, I've just clicked on the hamburger menu in the top left of the application instead of swiping in from the left and it works just the same way. However, I do understand what you're talking about though.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean Dark Theme in Settings/Display? I set that and many of my apps also have a dark mode. Calendar, Messages, Keep, Contacts, Photos, and Google News are all dark mode now.
Yeah, you're right The application itself has a dark mode, plus in developer settings for overriding forcing into dark mode works just the same way. It's interesting though, nothing makes the Gmail inbox go dark. That's the one thing Google sweet of applications.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, you're right The application itself has a dark mode, plus in developer settings for overriding forcing into dark mode works just the same way. It's interesting though, nothing makes the Gmail inbox go dark. That's the one thing Google sweet of applications.

I power off when I go to sleep and back on in the morning. That has always reset the force-overide developer option and still does.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed yesterday my yahoo mail app is now in dark mode. Looks awesome!
I wish gmail would get onboard.
FWIW my force dark mode toggle in dev settings always toggles off when I reboot as well. But since it does not work anyway, makes no diff.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed yesterday my yahoo mail app is now in dark mode. Looks awesome!
I wish gmail would get onboard.
FWIW my force dark mode toggle in dev settings always toggles off when I reboot as well. But since it does not work anyway, makes no diff.
yeah, I don't know why I thought I was talking off when you reboot the phone, slightly annoying but it is what it is. I just wish Google would implement dark mode in the Gmail inbox finally!

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'd do a factory reset. I'm also curious what phone that's on. I haven't any any freezing with beta 1, 4, 5, or 6 on my Pixel 3.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd do a factory reset. I'm also curious what phone that's on. I haven't any any freezing with beta 1, 4, 5, or 6 on my Pixel 3.
I repaired at a ball the issues I've had in Android cubed beta, including Android Auto, freezing up hasn't been one of them. I would recommend resetting your phone unfortunately. I know it sucks to reset up all your applications, you're settings, and all the application data, but it might solve the issue.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
Downloaded Beta 6. No glitchiness so far.

Man, that Pixel Launcher is still as underwhelming and disappointing as ever.

Back to Nova Prime and seems to be working perfectly so far.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I love that pixel launcher. Granted there's no icon packed support, but I got over that I just love stock vanilla Android. That's why I have a pixel phone after all hahaha.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I love that pixel launcher. Granted there's no icon packed support, but I got over that I just love stock vanilla Android. That's why I have a pixel phone after all hahaha.

Is there a way to eliminate the Google Search widget in the Pixel Launcher now or do you love that, too?

I love the "vanilla" Android experience but I didn't let that stop me from adding two dictionaries, Kindle app, Fox News, and Amazon. And, I know it's bizarre but I don't have the original wallpaper, either.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to eliminate the Google Search widget in the Pixel Launcher now or do you love that, too?
No, I'm sorry. Google search bar widget stays on the bottom permanently in pixel launcher. I mean, since Android is so customizable, I can understand if you want to use Nova prime launcher or some other launcher to delete that or make it your own. Like I say, to each their own!

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how many people actually use that search bar widget. I never search with it.

Regardless I've stuck with the Pixel Launcher for a while now despite having paid for Nova Launcher a long time ago.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am using the old pie gestures with Action Launcher. It is just the full gestures that are unavailable.
Interesting, gotcha.
I wonder how many people actually use that search bar widget. I never search with it.

Regardless I've stuck with the Pixel Launcher for a while now despite having paid for Nova Launcher a long time ago.
For me at least, I use The search bar widget all the time.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Since I was forced back to using buttons I've discovered I much prefer buttons over gestures. My sincere attempt to like gestures was futile. It might have to do with being 78-years old, having stiff, clumsy fingers or maybe something else but gestures work better for me and now I'm breaking the habit formed of swiping repeatedly to changes pages.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
One thing that makes me happy I use a pixel 2 is buttons. No matter which launcher I use. Don’t like the gestures, much prefer buttons.
Those using action launcher and the messaging app textra do you have any issue with the textra icon disappearing frequently? Got so annoying always having to put it back that I stopped using action launcher. Emailed the dev regarding the issue.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, like I said, fair enough. everyone's different... This is what makes Android so customizable and amazing at the end of the day!