eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'll tell you how the crazy thing about the Google Play services beta version of the application, is so far My battery is amazing. Last night I fully charged my phone, popped it off the charger, and it barely lost a charge overnight. Fully charged up in the car via Android Auto and now it's wonderful.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'll tell you how the crazy thing about the Google Play services beta version of the application, is so far My battery is amazing. Last night I fully charged my phone, popped it off the charger, and it barely lost a charge overnight. Fully charged up in the car via Android Auto and now it's wonderful.
That's great, Eric. I've been using mine since 7 this morning and I'm at 90% at 11:30.

Some people may need to uninstall updates after they've joined the GPS beta. Then they should be presented with the beta update version.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's great, Eric. I've been using mine since 7 this morning and I'm at 90% at 11:30.

Some people may need to uninstall updates after they've joined the GPS beta. Then they should be presented with the beta update version.
You know dude, here's a screenshot of mine I'm at 73% wish for me, is beautiful beautiful because in my car like I said I use Android Auto charger off via USB so I'm not worried about it. Usually by now I'm at like 70 or 65%. I'll also say this much, the drain on the battery so small now ...at least the way I use My phone.
dc28f5b9b29363c5f4929e6736e80cd5.jpg

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have lost the ability to set a text tone for a specific contact. Been using textra where it worked fine thru that app but now on the stock message app the option is nowhere to be found. Ringtones for calls is there but no option for texts. Am I just missing it? Or is it gone in this beta?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I just checked my Google Play Services version and it's 18.3.85, so it looks like they already rolled out a fix. I haven't had any battery issues.... batteries been great, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't running the buggy version 18.3.82.

So just be sure you check your version before you jump on the beta, unless of course you actually want to try the beta ??????

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I just checked my Google Play Services version and it's 18.3.85, so it looks like they already rolled out a fix. I haven't had any battery issues.... batteries been great, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't running the buggy version 18.3.82.

So just be sure you check your version before you jump on the beta, unless of course you actually want to try the beta 😋

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

So just be sure you check your version before you jump on the beta, unless of course you actually want to try the beta
You know, I had the same 18.3.85 Google Play services version and mine was using up 15 to 17% of battery per charge. I'm on Google Play services beta version and now it's using like 4% of battery. It's a little annoying when I leave work because I want my phone to fully charge in the car like a charger in the morning. But it seems that it charge as fast in the afternoon for some reason.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just tried the Microsoft your phone companion application within place to run download on my work desktop PC. It's freaking awesome. Control all notifications messaging through the desktop application leaving my phone fixed out on my desk conserving tons and tons of battery on top of the Google Play services beta version!
8935df56fe6b2640736f32f424afb3e0.jpg

2f298f6ee6608d7d74bc19c3ec6a02ba.jpg

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
I just tried the Microsoft your phone companion application within place to run download on my work desktop PC. It's freaking awesome. Control all notifications messaging through the desktop application leaving my phone fixed out on my desk conserving tons and tons of battery on top of the Google Play services beta version!
8935df56fe6b2640736f32f424afb3e0.jpg

2f298f6ee6608d7d74bc19c3ec6a02ba.jpg
Cool. Thanks for the tip!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
You know, I had the same 18.3.85 Google Play services version and mine was using up 15 to 17% of battery per charge. I'm on Google Play services beta version and now it's using like 4% of battery. It's a little annoying when I leave work because I want my phone to fully charge in the car like a charger in the morning. But it seems that it charge as fast in the afternoon for some reason.

Thanks for letting me know ;-) I'm a light user and I charge my phone completely and then turn it off every night, so I might not be noticing the extra drain. I suppose I'll be fine until they roll out a patch for it.

Now watch I'll start fixating on it until it drives me nuts and jump on the beta lol.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for letting me know ;-) I'm a light user and I charge my phone completely and then turn it off every night, so I might not be noticing the extra drain. I suppose I'll be fine until they roll out a patch for it.

Now watch I'll start fixating on it until it drives me nuts and jump on the beta lol.
Well, I'll tell you that if you would do an online version, take a notice in your battery usage for all system applications and see how much it's actually using. I bet you you'll see a little difference I barely charge my phone anymore at all! It's a pretty decent difference.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen any sign of dark mode on gmail or the boot screen? Was wondering if it was maybe slowly rolling out. A few betas ago by forcing dark in dev options would turn gmail dark but not anymore. I wonder if it will be done or at least more widespread in time for the public release of Q.
Considering dark mode has been widely touted as a feature selection of Q.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've seen dark mode on the boot process. It's part of beta 6. however, I have not seen Gmail which is slowly annoying honestly. Because Gmail is so white and so bright that it really makes a difference. And until Android 2 gets out of bed we can't use the straightened custom theme at. Every other application I use especially Google core applications is themed beautifully in dark mode. And the fact that in beta 4 and beta 5 of Q, Gmail was themed out in dark mode makes it a little bit slightly more annoying to me.

Anthow68

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone seen any sign of dark mode on gmail or the boot screen? Was wondering if it was maybe slowly rolling out. A few betas ago by forcing dark in dev options would turn gmail dark but not anymore. I wonder if it will be done or at least more widespread in time for the public release of Q.
Considering dark mode has been widely touted as a feature selection of Q.

I believe the trick to get the dark boot screen to work is to go into your display settings, toggle the "Dark theme" option off and then back on and then reboot. It should work then.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I believe the trick to get the dark boot screen to work is to go into your display settings, toggle the "Dark theme" option off and then back on and then reboot. It should work then.
Thanks, I’ll give that a shot. Currently checking out my iPhones new dark mode at the moment.Seems Apple finally threw us a bone.
EDIT: slick trick. Worked great.

Last edited:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I've seen dark mode on the boot process. It's part of beta 6. however, I have not seen Gmail which is slowly annoying honestly. Because Gmail is so white and so bright that it really makes a difference. And until Android 2 gets out of bed we can't use the straightened custom theme at. Every other application I use especially Google core applications is themed beautifully in dark mode. And the fact that in beta 4 and beta 5 of Q, Gmail was themed out in dark mode makes it a little bit slightly more annoying to me.
I couldn’t agree more, the white Gmail is annoying to the max. I don’t know why they haven’t caught up with it yet

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I couldn’t agree more, the white Gmail is annoying to the max. I don’t know why they haven’t caught up with it yet
I have no idea. Literally every other Google application is in dark mode except for Gmail. I just don't get why.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463