Pixel 3XL random reboots since installing Android 10

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
The only issues I've ran into on my Pixel 3XL is that since installing Android 10 my phone has randomly rebooted itself twice now. The first time I was at work streaming music when it randomly restarted while in my back pocket. The second time was this morning when the phone was on my nightstand and I went to unlock it and it wouldn't respond to my touch so I hit the power button and the phone just restarted itself. I've never had this happen with Android 9. Please tell me I'm not the only person this is happening to?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My first guess would be that some app you use isn't playing nice with 10, and is causing the system to become unstable. But that can be hard to troubleshoot, since it doesn't seem to happen very frequently (so Safe Mode isn't as useful). What music streaming app are you using?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes a clean install and force all apps to be fresh install

Might want to reset all preferences, permissions, settings before resetting.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes a clean install and force all apps to be fresh install

Might want to reset all preferences, permissions, settings before resetting.

This ^^^ we have a very savvy phone lady here who is giving great advice.... exactly what I would suggest, you should listen to it ;-)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try uninstalling Apple Music temporarily. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple hasn't completely updated the app for Android 10 yet. If the random reboots go away after uninstalling Apple Music, then send feedback to the developer and wait for an update.

carolinaherps

Sep 18, 2019
Visit site
The only issues I've ran into on my Pixel 3XL is that since installing Android 10 my phone has randomly rebooted itself twice now. The first time I was at work streaming music when it randomly restarted while in my back pocket. The second time was this morning when the phone was on my nightstand and I went to unlock it and it wouldn't respond to my touch so I hit the power button and the phone just restarted itself. I've never had this happen with Android 9. Please tell me I'm not the only person this is happening to?

I am having the same issue. I am on a Pixel 2 XL. Since installing Android 10 my phone randomly reboots at least once a day, sometimes overnight while it's sitting on my nightstand. I have not tried a fresh install, although I read on another thread somebody did this and it didn't fix the problem. I'm not using any Apple apps and rarely stream music. I believe it's something to do with Android 10 having a bug.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae