05-27-2016 03:49 AM
43 12
tools
    I turned off Lookout when it started using a lot of the battery. I see it as prety much a waste of time. Even if the phone did become infected, it's pretty easy to just do a factory reset. I don't particularly worry about it getting lost or stolen as I keep a pretty tight reign on this thing. I don't let anyone even hold it unless I'm standing right there.
    Meh I keep a tight reign on my phone but I live in NYC and crap happens so while I think stuff like mobile insurance is a rip off ( prefer squaretrade ) and Anti virus apps I use both because insurance covers lost and theft ( which you have little to no control over depending on situation) and Anti virus apps usually have Theft measures. Also Lookout comes included in mobile insurance for T-mobile which is Jump so I say why not use it ... I am already paying for it.
    04-15-2014 07:19 PM
    Agreed....but I use my phone for my job and download lots of photographs, PDF's, etc. that can have a virus embedded. While those viruses can NOT hurt my mobile, they CAN be passed along to my PC via email, sync, etc. So if I have the chance to stop/delete a PC ONLY Virus on my mobile, then so be it!

Great tips about watching apps "permissions". Most people simply blow right on by that and simply install!
    04-15-2014 07:33 PM
    I do have a few but all free. McAfee recently became free - it used to be a paid app. I have that.

I figured if it's free, I rather have a little more piece of mind.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    04-15-2014 07:58 PM
    I have AVG installed and have been wondering for a while why I bother really. I've been using Android constantly since v1.5 with anti-virus apps installed and have never had so much as a warning or alert about a problem. The free Samsung FindMyMobile service does the job for me in case my phone gets lost or stolen.

I used to use Lookout and found it sometimes drained the battery for no apparent reason over a few hours. It became as much of a nuisance as mediaserver and I uninstalled it.
    04-28-2014 04:03 AM
    Sometimes I install apks manually which can contain viruses. That's the only reason I have lookout installed.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    04-28-2014 10:01 AM
    I use Clean Master because it comes with a quick 1Tap memory cleaner. It does have a app virus scanner whenever a new app is installed or an app is updated. But the only reason why I use it, because it came with the memory cleaner. I used to have antivirus but like many others pointed out, there is no need for it in Android.
    05-01-2014 10:06 AM
    I am also used Mobile Antivirus Software to my Android Device. I got Free Antirus for Android from Comodo Internet Security.
    06-10-2014 04:57 AM
    I use Comodo Antivirus for my Android. My friends give Positive Feedback to this AV Software. So i installed, my experience also Comodo Antivirus for Android is Good Mobile Security..
    06-12-2014 04:02 AM
    Hi...am a bit new to all this stuff and heavily researched this topic when I first moved to android a couple of years ago....it is a debate thing me thinks...a lot say it's not needed, even my techy mates who have droid phones have said that one isn't needed but I guess for me personally it's a peace of mind thing aswell more than anything else... Back when I had my htc I always had two on the go :- Zoner, which primarily just seems to scan google play stuff and the odd surface apps and Dr.Web light , which seems to scan all & everything...
    A year or so ago I really wanted to download an optical illusion app ( love optical illusions ) from the play store, it didn't require many permissions but peeps on the reviews said not to download cause of it containing adds, lots of them, I pondered, my love for illusions is so that I ended up hitting install....zoner said it was fine and clean, Dr. Web light however went nuts...so it was deleted... Just for peace of mind I keep Dr. Web light on all the time now, it catches the odd thing from the play store and also the odd thing from the net, it hardly uses any battery at all and is free...

Posted via Android Central App
    06-14-2014 11:33 AM
    06-19-2014 05:09 AM
    I use an AV just in case. Currently using AVG
    06-26-2015 10:28 AM
    I personally never use one (even on a Windows computer).

For Android, I ONLY ever install apps that are in the play store, and even then, I carefully look at the permissions required, etc. If you are installing apps from outside the Play Store, then I'd say, yeah, use an Anti-Virus app, especially if you are acquiring the apps from questionable sources. But, if you strictly are installing from the App Store, and you have Side Loading turned off, then I'm not sure it's required, since Google also scans for malware.

So, as a few other people said... sometimes just a little common sense will do more than the Anti-Virus software.
    08-04-2015 06:37 AM
    For android, I do not use antivirus, I only download apps from Google Play. I am more worried about whether the app is aimed to steal personal information or abuse the phone, e.g. send sms to promote itself automatically. And I believe antivirus does not help on this.
    08-13-2015 09:53 PM
    Well I just bought the BlackBerry Priv, and so I'm secured right out of the box ,also it's one amazing phone kudos to BlackBerry....Merry Christmas to all

Posted via the Android Central App
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    12-23-2015 12:40 PM
    Already i have used two antivirus and now am using latest new antivirus .
    Happy with new one
    04-28-2016 05:44 AM
    CM security is good one.
    05-09-2016 05:37 AM
    I was using 360 security until my phone battery had a problem (not because of the app) but I took it to samsung and they seen the app and told me to not download security or Antivirus and most cases they do more harm then good so I deleted it and have never downloaded one since I just use samsung smart manager
    05-09-2016 05:45 AM
    I am using antivirus app in my mobile device.
    05-27-2016 03:49 AM
43 12