How to I quickly identify malware? GREEN + IN NOTIFICATION BAR

nbkhuu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I just ran into a problem with my Verizon GNex. Yesterday I noticed a green "+" icon in my notification bar. Never seeing this before, I clicked on it and it took me to some advert page. I downloaded bitdefender, but a scan came up with nothing. I checked the Apps list and i cant tell which one might be the culprit -- they all look like they could be stock or ones that I've DLed.

So the question is, how do i go about quickly identifying whatever might be causing this? Is there a list of stock Apps that I can compare with my own to see which one might be malicious?

Thanks guys!

808phoneaddict

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think that's spam from one of your apps, I had that on gingerbread on my thunderbolt...it was some dumb app I downloaded that was inviting me to new apps or websites...check your list of apps, get rid or disable unessentials ans figure out which app it is!

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!

nbkhuu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to I quickly identify malware? GREEN + IN NOTIFICATION BA

downloaded airpush detector. it was the new version of music junk. uninstalled right away.

thanks again!

EhrlichParr

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to I quickly identify malware? GREEN + IN NOTIFICATION BA

Well the easiest way to detect a malware is to install some latest antivirus for samsung galaxy. Just google it "samsung galaxy antivirus software and you would get many options. However, do spend a day or so on your research. Before you finally install one, two points should be clear to you

1:- What kind of virus/malware you have in your gadget.
2:- Make 100% sure that the antivirus or security software you are going to install will be effective for that malware.

ignb

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
It's called Madware (mobile adware). The second biggest threat after the toll fraud trojans. However, most AVs fail to properly detected madware and that's not good because cyber criminals can only steal money using trojans or display ads at the moment. Mobile malware monetization is still very difficult.

15israellai

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually with jelly bean you simply long press the notification to get to know what app gave it.

Transmitted from my Nexus Prime

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles