Virus or something else? Candy crush cheats & max web search pro auto installed

Chris Ditty

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
This morning, I noticed that Candy Crush Cheats had been installed on my phone. Except I don't play Candy Crush and didn't choose to install the cheats program. When I searched the play store for that app, I saw that everyone that had commented on it had it auto installed too. I uninstalled it and the apps I installed over the last 24 hours. Interestingly enough, google play said I hadn't installed it yet. Fast forward 10 hours, I noticed Max Web Search Pro had finished installing. Another program I didn't choose to install. I checked my wife's phone and she has both apps too. Same story for her.

I'm at a loss. We both have AVG installed on the phone and it didn't detect anything. Any suggestions?

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Virus or something else? Candy crush cheats & max web search pro auto installed

I know when using go launcher (free) it adds a lot of apps that I didn't choose

- - - Updated - - -

hence I now use Nova Prime

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Let me know when you figure out how you got it. I'm stuck on level 97.

JK hope you figure it out. You might have to start uninstalling apps. Or wipe your device(s).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on AT&T

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sadly when it comes to a hidden app or something putting them on your device a factory reset may be the best way to go. If you are rooted and have Titanium Backup or something similar you could use that to restore apps and data one at a time, but you might be better off starting fresh and see what happens over the course of a week. Perhaps it was done via an email attachment or web link that dropped malware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox