What is the best anti virus app

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I think I mitt have a virus or some kind of malware on my phone cause it's acting up.

What is the best virus scanner app?

Thanks to all for replying

Sent from my Verizon Note 2.SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums .

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have Trend Micro for my home computer and it also includes a license for Android as well. So a double benefit, check out Amazon.com if you are looking to buy the 3 user package its a great deal compared to buying from Trend Micro's site or a retail brick and mortar store.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think I mitt have a virus or some kind of malware on my phone cause it's acting up.

What is the best virus scanner app?

Thanks to all for replying

Sent from my Verizon Note 2.SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums .

Anti virus apps are absolutely useless on android. They scan for a list of pre determined virus applications. They don't scan code in them, they just look for the name (com.company.appname). And guess what? Apps aren't added to that list until they are discovered.

Did you install an app from outside the play store?

If yes, then you most likely got the virus from said app and therefore it's your fault. Installing apps from anywhere but the play store is extremely risky, as its all to easy to decompile an app, inject some bad code, and recompile it.

If no, and you still seem to be having problems with your device, its most likely user error. Using the same error from above, the play store, requires every Dev to sign their apps with a unique signature key (even for updates). If the key is lost, they have to rebuild the app from scratch. The "Master" android bug, has been fixed on the play store since the day it first appeared in the news.

My advice to you, reboot into recovery and wipe your cache. You need to do this at least once a month, or your device will become sluggish. It also really depends on your phones manufacturer. If your device isn't from a name brand manufacturer, it will act up. Those cheap non name brand manufacturers put out android devices, that don't even have custom kernels with them, just the basic android kernel with the drivers necessary to get the device to work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Lookout is a good one. It has got good reviews from the play store. It is free or you can buy the premium version for $29.99

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

angad

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Antivirus apps have actually no use. Dey will use processor and battery unnecessarily. Better to scan ur apk's on pc or onlyn on virustotal. Otherwise if you r extra cautious. ..use lookout or avast. Both r decent.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae