Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
this may be stupid and if it is i apologize. Every once in awhile the phone alerts me that there was an unauthorized attempt to access the phone through an untrusted source, it then directs me to uninstall any app from an untrusted source and takes me to the applications manager. is this normal? should i be concerned? i have no idea what app this could be referring to as everything i have downloaded was from the play store. if anyone can suggest something that would be great. thanks for reading

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
this may be stupid and if it is i apologize. Every once in awhile the phone alerts me that there was an unauthorized attempt to access the phone through an untrusted source, it then directs me to uninstall any app from an untrusted source and takes me to the applications manager. is this normal? should i be concerned? i have no idea what app this could be referring to as everything i have downloaded was from the play store. if anyone can suggest something that would be great. thanks for reading

It might help if you tell us what app if any you're using when you get the phone alert. Also, if you long press the home button, you can see what app, if any is running that may prove to be the one giving you issues. Are you sure that it's the phone that's alerting you to the unauthorized access and not one of those infernal banner ads that you see telling you that you need your phone checked for security vulnerabilities by clicking their banner?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Is the stupid Samsung Knox, I wouldn't worry about it, make sure you have an anti virus app on your phone, that's good enough.

@T-Mobile GN3

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
The next time it happens I'll try and screen shot what's running the "lookout" app is what's alerting me. Thanks for the replies I'll repost when it happens again

Posted via Android Central App

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
If it is Lookout like you said, check the settings may be you have them to high. If it is not then follow the link that Adamsberg just posted, there is a long thread about the error.