Phone completely unusable due to weird bugs and virus. Which files do I backup from USB?

JessicaChen

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a student staying at my home by renting the room, and her phone is busted. I suspect it is a virus, it keeps saying "unfortunately, google play has stopped working" over and over and it wont let me do anything.

I am organizing to do a factory reset but i dont know which file her contacts are stored in.

It would also be nice if there is an ON PC antivirus or debugger for the android, not an android app. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just because Google Play keeps crashing doesn't necessarily mean it's a virus. Try the following:

1. Go to System Settings/Apps/All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache.
2. If that doesn't work, select Google Play Services, and Clear Data, then reboot the phone.
3. If that doesn't work, then you could try wiping the phone's system cache partition, if possible. In order to try, we need to know what kind of phone it is. The process erases only temporary system data, not important personal data--but sometimes that temporary data can cause some glitches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy