Do I have a virus?

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I might sound stupid but here is what happened? I was on chrome surfing the web and I typed in the wrong URL and I click go. It came up with this website and I get a pop up that says something like your Samsung nexus 10 has a virus. The only option was to click OK which I did (probably a dumb idea) and then it took me to a site that said click this to scan which I did not click. I left the website and I downloaded lookout from the playstore and it scanned all my apps and came up with nothing. Am I in the clear? I am also about to restart my tablet.

Posted via Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
You don't have a "virus", you just ended up on one of those fake sites that tries to sell you useless "services". Most of the sites do nothing at all. But some of those sites actually INSTALL malware. Just move on.

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
You don't have a "virus", you just ended up on one of those fake sites that tries to sell you useless "services". Most of the sites do nothing at all. But some of those sites actually INSTALL malware. Just move on.

Do you think it would be a good idea to factory reset my tablet?

Posted via Android Central App

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Simple solution u own a nexus root it and install ad blocker so u don't see those scam Popups and your fine no need to wipe your device.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Even if there were an actual "virus" or malware of any kind being distributed by that website, it is most likely targeting Windows systems. I agree with crxssi, it's highly doubtful you've got anything to worry about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol