Galaxy S4 "Check for Malware pop-up!"

blakdroid

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

Recently I have seen these pop ups on two sites while on Google Chrome and a pop up "Check your ANDROID for VIRUS NOW!" Of course one of those anti-virus viruses used to scare me into giving my money. With options Cancel and OK, once or twice I hit cancle, it goes away and nothing downloaded.

Once I was curious and hit ok and it pretended to scan my device and said I had a trojan and should download there app.

Didn't of course, if you look to similar threads it will show a image of it, large page gives an Act now time limit.

Anyways non of my three anti virus apps found anything. But it still shows up every now and again (I just exit the browser or press the back button for it to dissappear) and now shows up as an advertisement On cleanmaster.

I'm moreover looking for insight and peace of mind on my androids security and any others with similar issues.

Thank you

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you see the warning while browsing or at any time using the device? Sounds like an App or ad while browsing. Ads can be very deceiving, and it's common that those type of errors are presented by way of ads, which won't be detected by security apps since nothing is technically installed to detect.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood