My phone is going crazy & has a mind of it's own. hacked, virus?

amonty

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if I have been hacked, have a virus or what. For about a month now my phone has been, scrolling screens on it's own, starting programs or apps, selecting things I am not trying to. When this starts, it locks me out, sometimes it will slow down and I can gain control, but most of the time the only buttons that work is for me if the power button. All other screen functions and buttons stop working. I have called AT&T and trouble shot with them and they don't really know. I do have over heating issues and I do have a small crack in the upper right corner of the screen that is under a 1/4 of an inch. The crack goes from just above the camera to the right corner. Because of this crack they say Samsung wont warranty it! I do have insurance and can get a replacement but I thought I should try something first! I have only had this phone for about 4 or 5 months. Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That kind of behavior doesn't sound like a virus to me--it just sounds like the software or hardware is glitchy. I assume you've tried rebooting when this happens? Have you tried a cache partition wipe, which clears out temporary data from the system cache (different from the app cache), and sometimes helps with various issues like this? No personal data will be lost. Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

Otherwise, you may need to try a factory data reset.

bmvlad

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello amonty. My HTC Sensation has exactly the same problem. Have you found any solution? I reinstalled the OS, formated everything, updated the firmware, and the phone is acting the same way... And also, something is deleting all my contacts, when I'm on-line. Please help me, if you can. Thank you very much ;-)

CrazyAsianNinja

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
My Asus Zenphone 2 seems to sometimes have this problem as well. However, I have thought of another reason this could happen. Could it happen because of your device overheating? If your phone feels hot (thats when it happens to me) it may register the heat as a touch. However, I do not know of many things that can fix it, as i am still struggling with this issue.

rivalus

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
I have Asus Zenfone 2, and the touchscreen is going crazy. It's hard to keep up with the erratic move. Then, I put the phone in safe mode. Suddenly all those erratic move stop. I guess we need to do a factory reset.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You could also uninstall apps one by one until the behavior goes away, but that can be tedious as well.