What does this actually mean when a app requires it? What is it able to access?
    09-14-2014 06:10 PM
    It usually means the app is very very old. I'm halfway kidding, but almost no one uses that one as far as I know. The permission gives the app the ability to read system logs and is usually used for context surrounding app crashes, etc. The sensitive part is that the app itself isn't the only app that can/will write to that log, so it is conceivable a poorly written app could write to that log and this app could read that information.
    It usually means the app is very very old. I'm halfway kidding, but almost no one uses that one as far as I know. The permission gives the app the ability to read system logs and is usually used for context surrounding app crashes, etc. The sensitive part is that the app itself isn't the only app that can/will write to that log, so it is conceivable a poorly written app could write to that log and this app could read that information.
    09-14-2014 06:25 PM
    So could a app that has this permission read other apps logs and potentionally find personal info?
    09-14-2014 07:41 PM