Will selecting device encryption in Nine email screw up my already device encrypted GS6?

atar1

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 with device encryption activated. I just installed Nine email and selected app encryption. I now have a device password and a separate app password for Nine.
I would like to be able to just have one device password for encryption. Will selecting device encryption in Nine accomplish that?
I was concerned that selecting device encryption through Nine would screw up the device encryption that is already enabled.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 with device encryption activated. I just installed Nine email and selected app encryption. I now have a device password and a separate app password for Nine.
I would like to be able to just have one device password for encryption. Will selecting device encryption in Nine accomplish that?
I was concerned that selecting device encryption through Nine would screw up the device encryption that is already enabled.

Welcome to Android Central!

If the device is already encrypted why would you need to encrypt your email as well?

atar1

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
When I install Nine, I am required to select an encryption option. I assume this is due to my company's Exchange server security requirements. I had previously encrypted the device when I installed the MS Outlook app.
This is what I did:
  • Installed MS Outlook
  • Selected device encryption
  • Installed Nine
  • Nine installation required selection of email or device encryption
  • Selected email encryption because I am unsure if selecting device encryption will cause issues with my already encrypted device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci