In safe mode i can start app from home screen

holgitrading

Mar 13, 2018
Visit site
Hi

I have a galaxy tab a6, android 5.1.1. When i boot in safe mode, third party apps like skype, coinbase can be activated from the home screen but not from the menu (app not installed is reported).

Also all previously running apps (system and 3dparty) are still running in safe mode.

Is that ok or is my phone hacked? I installed kaspersky, made a cache wipe etc.

Thanks for any help, holgi

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In save mode, installed (by you) apps won't load ar boot, but system apps will. That's the whole point of safe mode - to see if a problem persists without any of the apps you've installed, to diagnose whether it's one of those apps causing a problem.

I don't know which menu you're talking about, but even in safe mode, if you run an app (by tapping its icon) the app will run.

Is your phone hacked? It could be - but none of what you said has anything to do with the phone being hacked. The fact that it's working as expected doesn't mean that it hasn't been hacked.

holgitrading

Mar 13, 2018
Visit site
I don't know which menu you're talking about, but even in safe mode, if you run an app (by tapping its icon) the app will run.

Is your phone hacked? It could be - but none of what you said has anything to do with the phone being hacked. The fact that it's working as expected doesn't mean that it hasn't been hacked.
With menu i mean the screen coming when taping on the home screen on the icon with the 9 dots.

In my galaxy s3 mini, 4.01, the apps installed by me are simply not visible.

And as said, apps that were active before booting into safe mode, are active after booting into safe mode.

And i forgot: the phone is getting quite hot.