Samsung Galaxy S III + ASWM Issues

callmejmart

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to pardon myself from seeming like a fool, because I've exhaustively tried to pinpoint the issue on my own and find other tips through Google to no avail. Believe me, I wouldn't think to trouble any of you for assistance if I didn't need it.

I'd previously owned an HTC Inspire and always found good luck with the SWM and the device syncing up easily. I recently replaced the phone with a Samsung Galaxy S III (Samsung-SGH-1747, through AT&T) and went through the original instructional topic to get it to work with the new phone. I enabled USB debugging on the phone. I uninstalled SWM, redownloaded and reinstalled it. I then downloaded the appropriate drivers from Samsung's website and installed them. I made sure I had the updated Framework and downloaded a test APK.

The first issue I noticed is there is no "Charge Only." Feature on this phone. The second issue I noticed is when I plugged in the phone, despite having the drivers downloaded, it tried to download its own after PnP initiated. After disconnecting the cable and reconnecting it, the computer gave me an error: "Hardware ID Missing."

I reinstalled the driver software from the website and tried SWM with the phone...no luck. It didn't detect the device. After unplugging the cable and plugging it in once more, I received the same error message (Hardware ID Missing.)

I'm really at wit's end about this.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit
My phone is running on Android 4.0.4.

If anyone has a suggestion, I'm more than willing to listen. If I left anything out, please point it out. Thank you in advance to all that respond!

organic_veggie

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Hope this helps I was having a similar problem. Then on one of my re-installs windows driver/update download window poped up and it started to try and download the driver from microsoft, which it did and then after that it started working. Hope that helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers