removing sim to not use paid data?

yankeeharp

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
If I have a limited data plan and want to be sure the phone is only using free wifi, will removing the SIM card from the phone guarantee that it cannot charge anything I do on the SIM-less card against the paid account?

fuzzylogic3000

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
~BUMP
I'd like to know that as well; I'm getting screwed on data with Virgin Mobile. Hopefully someone answers. Can't you just disable data, or set s data limit on your phone? That works well; it just shuts down data upon reaching a specified amount.

neuronton

May 28, 2016
Visit site
answer is no. Sims are required now typically to even have an operating phone. They serve as a forced way for pay per usage to force install still, track, and require phone uptime for a long ping time sequence which shows them you're operating the phone and it works. they can force update patch needbe. And they will sever a phone that has no data being sent to it no matter what method they try to locate it within max ten days off and they require first five days of month for phone to be active to be within its usage term requirement

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca