Sideload Wonder Machine for Linux & Mac!

daxamundo

May 13, 2011
Visit site
how do i use it on a mac

For Mac, you have to download the .zip, and then extract the files. I extracted to /users/me, which created a new directory 'swm-mac' (i.e. /users/me/swm-mac).

You may need to change the file permissions on the file menu.sh. To set full permissions (i.e. read-write-execute for everyone) use this command in the terminal:
chmod 777 menu.sh
Note: 777 gives full permissions to everyone, so you could do chmod 774 menu.sh, which would give full permissions to the owner and group, but 'read-only' permissions to anyone else.

Also in a terminal session, use ./menu.sh to run the script. The "./" part assumes you are already in the same directory where menu.sh resides.

At this point, you can follow the instructions on screen (i.e. in the terminal window).

For my Motorola Atrix, I had to modify the "pushtodata.sh" and "listapps.sh" scripts, per an earlier post by rawmill (i.e. removed '/data/app' portion of the scripts using nano).

captivasion

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I am new to this, so I'm probably overlooking something simple but when I open the "swm-install" it just opens in text edit and I don't know what to do from here.

MrTivo

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Mac Auto-Install Failed

Auto install on Snow Leopard failed, got a message indicating Mac install wasn't supported (not sure why it's one of 2 options in that case). Did a manual install instead.

georgef8

May 15, 2011
Visit site
permission denied

Sideload Wonder Machine for Linux & Mac.

Linux & Mac users, no longer shall you feel left out, SWM for Linux & Mac is here!

Yes it's not pretty, yes it's a shell script but it is packed with features. :)

Features:
Install apps to phone.
List apps on phone.
(Coming Soon) Download apps to push.
(Coming Soon) Delete apps off phone.

Features for rooted users only: (If you don't know what it is you don't have it)
Install apps to /system/app/ (can't be deleted with a factory reset)
(Coming Soon) Create 'update.zip' to flash in recovery.
(Coming Soon) Delete System Apps.

How To Use:
Double click on the 'menu.sh' file & click 'Run in terminal' (or something similar)

Download:
Download the installer script here.
The installer will install Sideload Wonder Machine in your home/user folder. Don't move it.

Need Help?
Post here or for quick support email me: help at rootmydroid.co.uk

Screenshot:
attachment.php

Hi-res screenshot here.
Not able to get this mto work on HTC Inspire- does not push or get a no permission error

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084