Sideload Wonder Machine for Linux & Mac!

neslot2000

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
works here.

Some of you may be turned off by the terminal method, so try this with your file browser, a minimal use of terminal version...
Put the swm-install.sh in your home folder.
Right click on it and select >properties> permissions and set it as pictured.

5500744253_d772f2123d_z.jpg

Make sure "allow executing file as program" is checked, then close properties/permissions.
Double click on swm-install.sh and tell it to run then follow instructions. (this will be in a terminal)
That should generate a folder in the home dir called "Sideload-Wonder-Machine"
right click on it and set permissions as pictured.
open the folder and set permissions on all files and folders and files in folders as above.
one of the folders is "2-Place-App-Here". that is where you place the app you want to install. this is a one at a time deal, so only one app in that folder at a time.
Now you can follow the rest of the instructions for first use etc.
You might want to try displaying menu.sh just to see what it is about to do. right click,
>open>display.
That should get ya going.. :)

Tony Olsen

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
right click the .sh file and choose get info then select open with (all applications so you can select terminal) choose terminal. This works for snow leopard...

nickmatteis

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
ok, i went through this whole thread.. i modified the menu.sh so i would see the first run set up, the computer isnt finding my phone...

"Please connect your phone now and make sure that 'USB Debugging' AND 'Unknown Sources' are checked. You can find these in 'Settings > Applications' on your phone.

Once you've done that, press enter.

sudo: ./adb: command not found
If you see your device above, you are ready to start!

To disable this on startup, open 'menu.sh' (this) in a text editor and change the 'first_use' variable near the top from 'yes' to 'no'.
Press enter to continue the first use setup."

its plugged in, in charge only, debug, and moc locations mode(s), but it wont show up....

the SWM folder is in my home folder, there is only 1 app (amazon appstore) in the "2 place app here" folder" but my my phone just wont show up on the computer.....

what am i doing wrong?

Btw- first time android user > Inspire 4G

jimmyd233

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
ok so i don't really know what to do. im a beginner at this kind of thing trying to put an apk file i downloaded to my phone. i don't know what to do. can someone give me directions of what to do from beginning to end that would be very helpful. so far i downloaded the swm-mac folder opened that up opened the menu.sh in terminal and i am looking at the menu screen. then i put the apk i desired in the 2-place-app-here folder and tried pressing 1 in the terminal. then this showed up /Users/jamesdora/Downloads/swm-mac/menu.sh: line 84: scripts/pushtodata.sh: No such file or directory

so i dont really know what to do from here. oh and i opened the adp file once and thats all i have done i honestly have no clue what to do and if someone could give me some direction i would be very grateful.

jimmyd233

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
im really gonna need someone to walk me through this if they can or does anyone know of a video or some better directions out there on how to use this for beginners dont expect me to know a lot about coding but m willing to learn

brossow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
/Users/hemiram76/swm-mac/menu.sh: line 84: scripts/pushtodata.sh: No such file or directory

Press Enter to return to the menu.

this is what i get on my mac....... any ideas?

You'll get this error if you aren't executing menu.sh from within the swm-mac directory. You need to change to the swm-mac directory in Terminal, then enter ./menu.sh at the command prompt. (There may be another reason you're getting this error, but that's the most likely. And yes, I know I'm replying to a post that's 8 months old, but I had the same issue and thought I'd post the solution to save others the trouble of figuring it out on their own.) :)

Brent

ktyum

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
You'll get this error if you aren't executing menu.sh from within the swm-mac directory. You need to change to the swm-mac directory in Terminal, then enter ./menu.sh at the command prompt. (There may be another reason you're getting this error, but that's the most likely. And yes, I know I'm replying to a post that's 8 months old, but I had the same issue and thought I'd post the solution to save others the trouble of figuring it out on their own.) :)

Brent

and how do I change that directory in Terminal??

really lost here :/

brossow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
and how do I change that directory in Terminal??

really lost here :/

Easiest way for someone not familiar with the command line is to do this:

1. Open Terminal.
  2. Type "cd " at the command prompt. (No quotes, and make sure there is a space after "cd".) DO NOT HIT ENTER!
  3. Back in the Finder, drag and drop the swm-mac folder onto the Terminal window. This will automatically add the path to the file after "cd ".
  4. Press Enter. This will change your path to the swm-mac directory. From there, you can type "./menu.sh" and press Enter and things should work as expected.

Hope this helps,
Brent

Reactions: pummkin

joeru2k5

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Same here ... when I run the script I get permission denied.

Am I doing something wrong?

./swm-install.sh (from terminal window)

brossow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Same here ... when I run the script I get permission denied.

Am I doing something wrong?

./swm-install.sh (from terminal window)

Try this: in that same directory in Terminal, type "chmod 755 swm-install.sh" (minus the quotes) and press Enter. Then try that command again. The script may not be executable by default and the command I suggested will do that.

Reactions: murkface92

brossow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Im running the. /menu.sh . . . The menu load but all actions fail. Permission denied?

What am i doing wrong?

In the swm-mac directory, do the chmod command again, but like this:

chmod -R 755 *

Then do ./menu.sh and it should work. Just make sure you're in the right directory before you do that command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34