AC Sideload Wonder Machine for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

amucinom

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
i have a samsung captivate. when i choose an apk file, it shows that message that says ... is ready to install blah blah blah click go to install... i click ok and it shows an error: "...could not find a path to the apk" or whatever. what do i do?

fitznacio#AC

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This program from what I gather reading every post as well as the posts in the trouble shooting section is not a reliable program (hit or miss) even if you load the AC_SWM in your c: and reinstall microsoft Net4. the results are the same. I think there are still some bugs in the program. Anyway not to disrespect the developer of this program I think it less stressful to just sideload your programs with the use of ADB commands as described in mobiletechvideos.com. just my 2 cents.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
This program from what I gather reading every post as well as the posts in the trouble shooting section is not a reliable program (hit or miss) even if you load the AC_SWM in your c: and reinstall microsoft Net4. the results are the same. I think there are still some bugs in the program. Anyway not to disrespect the developer of this program I think it less stressful to just sideload your programs with the use of ADB commands as described in mobiletechvideos.com. just my 2 cents.

This shows you don't understand what is going on. Any person who can successfully use ADB to install an app has:

Correctly installed the USB driver for their phone
Made sure that required files and folders were extracted to the correct place.

If you do that, and have .NET4 working correctly, this program has to work. It's simply a GUI for the same ADB commands.

The hit or miss part is easily explained. Follow directions = hit. Don't follow directions = miss. Use the troubleshooting tools to submit a "bug" report, and I'll happily tell you what part isn't right. I can't do any more than that.

To the posters with Errors from ADB -- try a different apk file
OLDER_SDK -- what you're installing doesn't work with your version of Android.
DEXOPT -- you're either trying to install a system app, incorrectly signed apk, or have a corrupt apk file.
both these errors mean the SWM is working correctly, but there are issues with the apk file.

nostromoavs

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I have SE X10 mini with Android 2.1 i got all rite i have usb driver for my device but still i can't get my device be recognized with serial number ?

What do u think should I do ? Is there anything else i should try , I'm really stuck here :(

PLS HELP!

Bruno

P.S.

IT'S This Driver

Sony Ericsson sa0101 ADB Interface Driver

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have SE X10 mini with Android 2.1 i got all rite i have usb driver for my device but still i can't get my device be recognized with serial number ?

What do u think should I do ? Is there anything else i should try , I'm really stuck here :(

PLS HELP!

Bruno

Nostromoavs , is your device in debugging mode?

Reactions: Ocarinas

fitznacio#AC

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This shows you don't understand what is going on. Any person who can successfully use ADB to install an app has:

Correctly installed the USB driver for their phone
Made sure that required files and folders were extracted to the correct place.

If you do that, and have .NET4 working correctly, this program has to work. It's simply a GUI for the same ADB commands.

The hit or miss part is easily explained. Follow directions = hit. Don't follow directions = miss. Use the troubleshooting tools to submit a "bug" report, and I'll happily tell you what part isn't right. I can't do any more than that.

To the posters with Errors from ADB -- try a different apk file
OLDER_SDK -- what you're installing doesn't work with your version of Android.
DEXOPT -- you're either trying to install a system app, incorrectly signed apk, or have a corrupt apk file.
both these errors mean the SWM is working correctly, but there are issues with the apk file.

Well I did confirm that the samsung driver's were install and the .NET4 is working correctly (I had success rooting and loaded custom roms on my phone and without the driver's or the .NET4 programs such as odin will not work). The issue that at least I had was attempting to get the program working at 1 in the morning and following the instructions. The first attempt I opened the folder right after I downloaded the program did not transfer all of the files in the folder to the c:, anyhow after going at it again without time constraints I did copy the entire folder over and I was successful in getting the program to run. I hope you were not offended by my last post and i appreciate your response. I will admit that this program takes up less key strokes than using adb commands to load a program. Have a blessed day.:)

Ocarinas

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
App Installer wouldn't work on my AT&T HTC Inspire 4G. However, I was able to get a non-Android Market app (TeamViewer for Android) to install by using the Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine 1.1 app. It worked brilliantly.
I connected my phone to my laptop and used "Charge via USB" mode only. Then I ran Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine on the laptop (Windows 7) and ran the USB diag from the "Diagnostics" button. It came back with the correct response of my phone's serial number.
"Press any key to continue" brought me back to the Sideload Wonder Machine window.
I clicked "Choose APK", and I chose my Teamviewer.apk file. (TeamViewer for Android is not available at Android Market) Then I clicked install and it worked beautifully. :) I'm very pleased that I didn't have to root my phone or anything more complicated than this.
Thank you Android Central. I hope my post helps somebody else. :)

Best regards, Barbara

ilmostro11

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I still get the "adb server out of date, killing" message, but I just ignore that and run it anyway and it does work wonderfully. Thanks!

I have sideloaded a couple of apps that are not in the android market and was wondering what are the favorite apps being loaded by the AC SWM?
And where do you get the actual .apk files to do the sideloading?

Thanks Bryan

killingwthasmile

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay i was able to use the program to get the Amazon appstore installed, but how do i go about installing apps from it? I tried but once it gets to the install portion it still tells me that i cannot install apps from outside the market.

How do we get around this?

heygtech

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
where did you find that app once it was on your phone???. i ran the swm and i said it worked and i went into my phone after unplugging it and i can't find the app! by the way i am talking about the amazon app store

ilmostro11

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
You have to run the downloaded amazon app store apk with the AC SWM also. The free paid app today was an Angry birds Rio app.
I only tried it to see if I could get an amazon appstore app installed.
It had a weird file name that you couldn't identify by name but it is an apk file and I knew all the other apk's in my folder were already installed so it had to be it.

It appears to put all the downloaded apps onto the sd card.
Just run the AC SWM to install them and not from the actual amazon app.

Bryan

heygtech

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
i finally got it to work! i guess i didn't have my phones usb drive installed which i though i did. All i had to do for my HTC Inspire was download the htc sync program and it installed the usb driver for me. now i have the app i want. great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine is absolutely WONDERFUL!

Qun Mang

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Worked like a charm, thanks. Amazon app store app installed, Angry Birds Rio installed in my Inspire 4G. Just one question now- is there a way to install from the .apk file on the phone or must I copy it to the PC and let SWM resend it over? It seems that while the store app .apk was downloadable to the PC, anything purchased (or free) from the app store must be downloaded using the phone, whether purchased using Amazon on the PC or phone.

batmite

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Worked wonderfully with an AT&T HTC Aria / Android 2.2 Froyo.

However, speaking about the the Amazon App Store, purchased/free app install is still blocked by AT&T.... SIGH. I just tried Angry Birds Rio... Oh, well!

Edit:
But... connect your phone as a drive and look in \Android\data\com.amazon.venezia\cache - you will see the APK you just downloaded but failed to install.... copy it to the PC, and sideload it! :)

mandar_h

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
SideLoad is a great tool.

I was easily able to install Amazon Appstore and the free Angry Bird Rio game on my HTC Inspire 4G.

The free game didn't get installed from Amazon Appstore app directly. I had to:
1. Find the game's .apk in "cache" subdirectory of my sdcard.
2. Copy this .apk to SWM folder on my PC.
2. Install this copied .apk using SWM.

AlienTrader

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Serial number not showing up on Att Atrix using Side Loader Wonder Machine. Would be nice if they included the device drivers so their software would actually work without spending 4 hours pulling and matching drivers from the SDK. The 'wonder machine' is glorified vaporware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad