05-15-2011 10:47 PM
466 ... 16171819
tools
    evry time i try use side loader i get this message

AC_SWM
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Gary/Desktop/source/source/AC_SWM/AC_SWM.exe.
    it was not installed correctly , the ACSWM folder should go directly onto the C drive

see post# 16 of this thread and review installation instructions

If you look in your windows explorer the folder should be directly under the C:drive like this
    04-08-2011 12:31 PM
    I love the Sideload Wonder Machine and generally it works perfect. I downloaded Amazon Apps and many free apps they offer, using the Sideload.

Now Amazon came up with an upgrade to their program. When I try to install it with Sideload, it gives me the following error message:
    "Installed Failed - Already Exists".
    This is also true while trying to update other AmazonApps downloaded applications.

How do we deal with that?
    04-08-2011 09:11 PM
    I love the Sideload Wonder Machine and generally it works perfect. I downloaded Amazon Apps and many free apps they offer, using the Sideload.

Now Amazon came up with an upgrade to their program. When I try to install it with Sideload, it gives me the following error message:
    "Installed Failed - Already Exists".
    This is also true while trying to update other AmazonApps downloaded applications.

How do we deal with that?
    did you check off the update existing app box?
    04-08-2011 09:26 PM
    did you check off the update existing app box?
    Sorry, I am not sure I understand your question:
    What box? Where? would that allow me install updates?
    04-08-2011 09:28 PM
    Sorry, I am not sure I understand your question:
    What box? Where? would that allow me install updates?
    on the ACSWM next to install there is a box that says update existing app
    04-08-2011 09:30 PM
    I'm having trouble getting this to work. I have installed HTC Sync, which is what I think you guys mean when you say "You will also need to install the adb USB driver for your phone." If that's not the case, let me know. Anyways, I'm having trouble when I try to install the .apk: "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk'". What's going on here?

Edit: I'm on an HTC Inspire
    04-09-2011 09:59 AM
    I'm having trouble getting this to work. I have installed HTC Sync, which is what I think you guys mean when you say "You will also need to install the adb USB driver for your phone." If that's not the case, let me know. Anyways, I'm having trouble when I try to install the .apk: "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk'". What's going on here?

Edit: I'm on an HTC Inspire
    it means either you did not install the ACSWM folder in the proper place, try using the diagnostic tool, if you get a JIT debug message it means you def put it in the wrong place, if you get a message that you are missing a file or folder then somehow you deleted something by accident
    04-09-2011 10:08 AM
    I ran the diagnostic and I don't think it was a JIT debug. "When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger...rather than be handled by this dialog box." So if that rules the JIT thing, what's next?
    04-09-2011 10:14 AM
    on the ACSWM next to install there is a box that says update existing app
    Sorry for my ignorance, but what is ACSWM? Can you be a bit more specific?
    04-09-2011 10:17 AM
    I ran the diagnostic and I don't think it was a JIT debug. "When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger...rather than be handled by this dialog box." So if that rules the JIT thing, what's next?
    you need to move the ACSWM folder to your c:\ drive , not inside any folders
    04-09-2011 10:19 AM
    It is in my C:\ drive. I have another hard drive, and I put in that one just as a test, too. Neither worked.
    04-09-2011 10:20 AM
    It is in my C:\ drive. I have another hard drive, and I put in that one just as a test, too. Neither worked.
    do you mind allowing me to screen share with you?
    Spoom likes this.
    04-09-2011 10:24 AM
    I've never done a screen share before. What do I need to do?
    Alternatively, I could post some screen shots.
    04-09-2011 10:26 AM
    I've never done a screen share before. What do I need to do?
    Alternatively, I could post some screen shots.
    check your pm inbox
    04-09-2011 10:28 AM
    Sorry for my ignorance, but what is ACSWM? Can you be a bit more specific?
    i highlighted it in the picture
    04-09-2011 10:30 AM
    I need one more post to send PMs. Ignore this.
    04-09-2011 10:33 AM
    I am waaaay new to this and I dont get past step 2. Can someone walk me thru this??
    04-10-2011 10:26 AM
    I've followed the steps with the other guy with the Inpire up there, but it is still saying that it cannot find my device.

I have USB debugging turned on, and the device is plugged in as a disk drive. I have tried every other type of connection and it still does not work.

Any hints?

Beau

EDIT: i am making sure to have HTC Sync installed on this laptop. I will try it again after that, I do not think I had it installed on this particular one. Be right back.
    04-10-2011 05:41 PM
    Hi, do I need to install Samsung Kies before I proceed to sideload apps onto my galaxy ace?
    04-10-2011 07:55 PM
    Hi, do I need to install Samsung Kies before I proceed to sideload apps onto my galaxy ace?
    if the proper drivers are set up then it will be fine
    04-10-2011 08:05 PM
    if the proper drivers are set up then it will be fine
    need to install Kies.

What is this?
    "EOCD not found, not Zip
    file 'C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk' is not a valid zip file "
    04-10-2011 10:58 PM
    need to install Kies.

What is this?
    "EOCD not found, not Zip
    file 'C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk' is not a valid zip file "
    when did you get that
    04-10-2011 11:05 PM
    after i click install. it's on the press any key screen
    04-10-2011 11:07 PM
    after i click install. it's on the press any key screen
    please hit the diagnostic button and then select the paths button and tell me if you get any errors
    04-10-2011 11:22 PM
    please hit the diagnostic button and then select the paths button and tell me if you get any errors
    there is no error messages

there is also no files in the payload folder
    04-10-2011 11:32 PM
466 ... 16171819