05-15-2011 10:47 PM
466 12345 ...
tools
    The Beta version worked for me. Finally I can use apk files. I'm using Samsung Captivate btw.
    Thanks for the report!

im getting a failure [install_failed_insufficeient_storage].. i have 13 gigs on the phone and 6 gigs on the sd card.. any thoughts?

edit: im on the captivate and xp home.. i cant wait to use your program.. it looks great
    Do market applications install correctly? There's a rare bug with the Captivate where file permissions get fouled up on the /data partition, and the only way to fix it is to root, or reset the phone.

Before we go any further, try a big market app and see if it installs.

I set my captivate to KIES after installing the KIES driver and it worked. Thanks....
    Good to know. Thanks!

You were right it was a bad apk, i found a different one and it worked. Thank you so much who ever created the sideload Wonder Maching =D
    Awesome. I was hoping that's what it was, cause that weird error had me scratching my head

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/GR/Desktop/AC_SWMv1.1_10_30_BETA/AC_SWM/AC_SWM.exe
    ----------------------------------------
    I snipped and left the relevant part. Did you unzip the file, and copy the AC_SWM folder into your C:\ drive? Your computer thinks it's on your desktop.

Followed the steps from post #16 and has ZERO problems with the program on my Win 7 32 bit machine and my Captivate. Works Great, Thx!!!
    Awesome. First report from Win 7-32
    11-04-2010 11:51 PM
    Do market applications install correctly? There's a rare bug with the Captivate where file permissions get fouled up on the /data partition, and the only way to fix it is to root, or reset the phone.

Before we go any further, try a big market app and see if it installs.
    they do install w/o any probs.. just to make sure, any suggestions? im running pdanet, facebook, espn score center, ect.. are they big enough or should i try something else? i have tried doing it w/ pdanet off and w/ it on
    11-05-2010 03:39 AM
    everytime i select the app and try to install it says cant find part of path 'C:\payload\to_install.apk'. How do i fix this problem?
    11-05-2010 12:27 PM
    hi guys... I am new and have a Captivate. I could not run the Sideload Wonder Machine interface due to the .NET framework error. I was able to load the Sirius XM ap though. I am new to this... but here goes... after connecting the phone to the PC (enable USB debugging and mounting), downloading the Sideloader Wonder Machine zip files, and unzipping to your desktop, follow the steps below:
    1. Copy the .apk ap from your phone
    2. Paste the .apk ap to the Payload folder located in the AC-SWM folder you unzipped
    3. Double click on the loader MS-DOS Batch file
    4. Click Run
    5. A DOS window opens, click any key to continue
    6. If you receive a "success: message in the DOS window, your .apk loaded to your phone!
    7. Close everything out
    8. Unmount the phone
    9. Uncheck USB debugging (not sure you need to, but what the heck)
    10. Open the ap on your phone and enjoy!

Hope this works, it did for me...
    11-05-2010 11:58 PM
    just downloaded and ran on my captivate. worked perfectly! Thanks!
    11-06-2010 03:23 AM
    mine says failed_older_sdk

what does that mean?????????????
    2.2 update 1
    captivate
    11-06-2010 12:40 PM
    doesnt recognize my device htc aria running debug mode and all still nothing
    11-07-2010 02:44 PM
    i keep getting unhandled excepton has occurred could not find a part of the the path 'C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk'

im using an htc aria and windows 7
    ariauseragain likes this.
    11-07-2010 03:36 PM
    cool.. just used SWM 1.0 to load apps that was no longer on the market and will not load from back up, and it works just fine. using htc aria.

bullet08
    11-09-2010 04:10 PM
    Hey eveyone, wanted to thank the guys at android central for this wonderful app. Had a bit of trouble getting it setup on my Captivate galaxy S, just because ATT blocks everything. Thought id let people know my steps for it just in case anyone else has trouble.
    1. Download Sideloader wonder machine
    2. turn on debugging mode via Applications, settings, applications, development, check usb debugging.
    3. Plug in the USB to the PC, and mount the phone by pulling the top left corner down and allowing it to mount
    4. Should be good to go for using the sideloader now as usual, the main problem i had was both my PC's had issues installing the drivers to the computer, then didn't realize i had to mount it.
    11-09-2010 09:33 PM
    Discovered z4root on another forum and realized I had to bite the bullet and learn to side-load to get it working. Used the beta in post #16 and it worked.

Here is what I had to do;

• Enter USB Debugging Mode
    • Connect for "Portal & Tools"

If I used memory card (SD card) access the device wouldn't be found.
    11-10-2010 12:35 PM
    they do install w/o any probs.. just to make sure, any suggestions? im running pdanet, facebook, espn score center, ect.. are they big enough or should i try something else? i have tried doing it w/ pdanet off and w/ it on
    I hate to say it, and I know you don't want to hear it, but I would suggest a factory reset on your phone.

everytime i select the app and try to install it says cant find part of path 'C:\payload\to_install.apk'. How do i fix this problem?
    Have a look here
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...e-windows.html

hi guys... I am new and have a Captivate. I could not run the Sideload Wonder Machine interface due to the .NET framework error. I was able to load the Sirius XM ap though. I am new to this... but here goes... after connecting the phone to the PC (enable USB debugging and mounting), downloading the Sideloader Wonder Machine zip files, and unzipping to your desktop, follow the steps below:
    1. Copy the .apk ap from your phone
    2. Paste the .apk ap to the Payload folder located in the AC-SWM folder you unzipped
    3. Double click on the loader MS-DOS Batch file
    4. Click Run
    5. A DOS window opens, click any key to continue
    6. If you receive a "success: message in the DOS window, your .apk loaded to your phone!
    7. Close everything out
    8. Unmount the phone
    9. Uncheck USB debugging (not sure you need to, but what the heck)
    10. Open the ap on your phone and enjoy!

Hope this works, it did for me...
    that's why I'm using batch files and not coding the commands into the app. Really wish I could troubleshoot .NET framework errors though

mine says failed_older_sdk

what does that mean?????????????
    2.2 update 1
    captivate
    Open the program, and click the diagnostics button. Run both tools, tell us what they say or better yet, screenshot them.

doesnt recognize my device htc aria running debug mode and all still nothing
    Sounds like a Windows driver fail. Look here

i keep getting unhandled excepton has occurred could not find a part of the the path 'C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk'

im using an htc aria and windows 7
    Sounds like the program is not in the right location, Look here
    11-10-2010 05:51 PM
    It worked for me!! I used the instructions from here
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/406415-post16.html
    11-10-2010 08:02 PM
    It worked for me!! I used the instructions from here
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/406415-post16.html
    Great! What version of Windows? (I'm keeping track lol)
    11-10-2010 08:48 PM
    Title says it all, it worked perfectly the first time. I downloaded, followed instructions and installed a "3rd party" app on an HTC Aria quickly and easily. Thank you
    11-11-2010 04:46 PM
    I Click on the link to download and it goes tho a blank page.
    11-11-2010 06:03 PM
    I Click on the link to download and it goes tho a blank page.
    Try this one
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/atta...10_30_beta.zip

it just worked for me.
    11-11-2010 06:47 PM
    The Sideloader doesn't recognize my new Sony Xperia x10. Is there a reason for that?

Check your Windows drivers and settings
    11-12-2010 02:23 PM

Check your Windows drivers and settings
    Thanks again.
    11-12-2010 02:43 PM
    The Sideloader doesn't recognize my new Sony Xperia x10. Is there a reason for that?
    11-12-2010 08:37 PM
    I get that .NET framework error also, looking to get Angry Birds. HELP
    everything goes smoothly apart from the single error:device not found...on the MS-DOS screen(cmd)
    what do i do now?
    help asap......:-/
    11-13-2010 11:16 AM
    Nice job guys. Very good instructions and a wonderful little program. Now tethered on my Captivate.
    11-13-2010 03:08 PM
    everything goes smoothly apart from the single error:device not found...on the MS-DOS screen(cmd)
    what do i do now?
    help asap......:-/
    Sounds like the windows driver. Either it's not installed, not running, or you don't have USB debugging enabled.
    11-13-2010 03:11 PM
    got it to work just fine, thanks great app. Wanted to know where does it put the app files? I see in system/app all the apps i install from market but these are not in there, anyone know where they go?
    11-15-2010 10:51 AM
    Quick question...how do I delete an app that was added using the swm?
    11-15-2010 11:21 AM
466 12345 ...