05-15-2011 10:47 PM
466 ... 23456 ...
tools
    works perfectly. way better than before!!! thanks!!
    11-15-2010 11:16 PM
    I have a Motorola BackFlip with Android 2.1 (eclair), my OS is Vista Business,I downloaded AC-SWM-v10.zip (409.9 KB, 4107 views), Driver Software Insallatin says

USB COmposite Device Ready to Use
    Motorola USB ADB interface Waiting for user input...
    USB Mass Storage Device Ready to use
    Motorla MB300 USB Device Ready to Use

but when I try to use it I get an Error Message that says "error: device not found". Will some PLEASE tell me what I might be doing wrong??
    11-19-2010 02:15 PM
    got it to work just fine, thanks great app. Wanted to know where does it put the app files? I see in system/app all the apps i install from market but these are not in there, anyone know where they go?
    /data/app/ is where all third party apps go

Quick question...how do I delete an app that was added using the swm?
    You'll have to use an app deleter or look in menu>settings>applications>manage applications, pick the app and choose uninstall.

works perfectly. way better than before!!! thanks!!
    Thanks!

I have a Motorola BackFlip with Android 2.1 (eclair), my OS is Vista Business,I downloaded AC-SWM-v10.zip (409.9 KB, 4107 views), Driver Software Insallatin says

USB COmposite Device Ready to Use
    Motorola USB ADB interface Waiting for user input...
    USB Mass Storage Device Ready to use
    Motorla MB300 USB Device Ready to Use

but when I try to use it I get an Error Message that says "error: device not found". Will some PLEASE tell me what I might be doing wrong??
    The driver isn't working. The ADB interface is what we need working for this. Uninstall the driver, and try installing it again without your phone plugged in.
    11-20-2010 12:13 AM
    I click on the file attachment link, but it just redirects me to a 1x1 pixel GIF image. >.> What am I doing wrong?
    11-20-2010 02:00 PM
    would love to try this but cant get the 1.1 beta to DL from link in post 16
    11-20-2010 09:55 PM
    the device id/serial number (whatever) is found in the usbdiag batch, but my phone is listed as offline (captivate) help???
    11-23-2010 12:27 AM
    this worked great for me! we are developing some android apps at my work and my ATT captivate would not let me install. this worked perfectly and i was able to install the app no problem! thanks very much for the easy solution!
    11-23-2010 12:15 PM
    first i would like to say Thank you!! its an amazing program that helped me a lot!
    one question though,
    anyone succeeded in loading more than one apk at a time?
    (tried copying 2 -3 apk's to the payload folder, than runing the Loader.Bat - it didn't work (for v 1.0) - cant test 1.1 at the moment.
    is it even possible?
    Thank you again!
    Yossi
    11-24-2010 12:56 PM
    I'm getting the insufficient storage error on my Xperia X10a. Market apps install fine. No error messages in the diagnostics.
    11-24-2010 11:18 PM
    what is .Net Framework
    11-25-2010 01:14 PM
    I got the SWM to work I just need to place the app the I want to download in the same file as the loader. This Great
    11-26-2010 01:28 PM
    I ran SWM as per instructions. Got a message saying the installation succeeded. Yay!

Now, WHERE THE HECK IS THE APP????????? (Vignette paid version)

Samsung Captivate 2.1
    Vista Ultimate
    Frustration Level @#$%^&*(*&^%$#@$%^&*^%$#@$%^&*

Thanks.

Tana-Lee
    11-26-2010 07:38 PM
    do sideloaded apps update normally through marketplace?
    11-27-2010 10:50 AM
    the device id/serial number (whatever) is found in the usbdiag batch, but my phone is listed as offline (captivate) help???
    Try a different USB port. The SDK (which we're using parts of) is designed to work with USB 2.0 or higher. SOMETIMES you can get it to work on older, slower architecture, but not always.

first i would like to say Thank you!! its an amazing program that helped me a lot!
    one question though,
    anyone succeeded in loading more than one apk at a time?
    (tried copying 2 -3 apk's to the payload folder, than runing the Loader.Bat - it didn't work (for v 1.0) - cant test 1.1 at the moment.
    is it even possible?
    Thank you again!
    Yossi
    Not possible with this. I did have it set up that way, but it left way too much room for human error, so it's only one apk at a time.

I'm getting the insufficient storage error on my Xperia X10a. Market apps install fine. No error messages in the diagnostics.
    It's a permission error. Happens on phones that have been modified to disable sideloading quite often. Only way I know to fix it is to root and change the permissions, or factory reset.

what is .Net Framework
    Software from Microsoft that allows your Windows computer to use the latest Microsoft foundation classes. You need it to run apps that have been made with Microsoft's development studio.

I ran SWM as per instructions. Got a message saying the installation succeeded. Yay!

Now, WHERE THE HECK IS THE APP????????? (Vignette paid version)

Samsung Captivate 2.1
    Vista Ultimate
    Frustration Level @#$%^&*(*&^%$#@$%^&*^%$#@$%^&*

Thanks.

Tana-Lee
    do sideloaded apps update normally through marketplace?
    Why would you use this program to install apps available in the Market? Not comfortable with where this is heading...
    Death_Keeper likes this.
    11-27-2010 02:51 PM
    How do I change the path C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk

My system is runs off of the D: drive
    11-27-2010 05:00 PM
    "Why would you use this program to install apps available in the Market? Not comfortable with where this is heading..."

The purchased copy of Vignette downloaded at one point, but I don't remember where I got it from. When I tried to install it, I got the message that for security reasons, the installation was blocked because it didn't source in the Market.

I've tried just about everything except standing on my head and spitting wooden nickels. It won't install.

I used Sideload. It said it was successful. But I don't see Vignette anywhere on my phone (Samsung Captivate 2.1).

Tana-Lee
    11-27-2010 05:07 PM
    Used on the AT&T Samsung Captivate & Windows 7 .... Work 100% on the first try and is Awesome!!! If you have problems then FIRST make sure you READ and FOLLOW the directions.

I can't say Thanks You enough!
    11-28-2010 09:13 AM
    just got firefox beta sideloaded on my captivate and im about ready to kiss you guys.
    11-28-2010 10:29 PM

Not possible with this. I did have it set up that way, but it left way too much room for human error, so it's only one apk at a time.
    Thanks for you reply!
    is it possible you will elaborate on this subject?
    does it have a potential of working?
    usually the apps i install are for phones i dont want to log in with any google account, this is why i love your little script!
    but i can't seem to find the issue with repeating the script (with killing the ADB SERVER, than bringing it back up every time) - just loading the next program each loop...
    maybe if we define that the apk's will be numbered? (1.apk ,2.apk ,3.apk...)?
    unfortunatly i haven't written a program in a while...and im not sure its even possible to do what i ask. but im sure it will help others!
    appreciate your work.
    Yossi
    11-29-2010 01:29 PM
    Sorry editing to post in the right thread
    11-29-2010 03:14 PM
    i keep getting the error

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continure, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

help please
    11-30-2010 12:11 AM
    i have the captivate running on 2.1
    11-30-2010 12:12 AM
    I can't download it! I keep trying to click it (it opens a new blank tab) and save as... doesn't work. Is there a mirror somewhere I can use?
    12-01-2010 04:28 PM
    I can't download it! I keep trying to click it (it opens a new blank tab) and save as... doesn't work. Is there a mirror somewhere I can use?
    +1 I get a white page
    on beta v1.1, keep getting an error after 1st window

New to android from htc fuze, and so far windows was wayyyy eaiser.
    Just seem like i gotta download a zillion apps just to install one, then to unlock something else ya gotta download a bunch more apps.....grrrrrrr
    12-01-2010 08:33 PM
    http://images.androidcentral.com/sit...C-SWM-v1.0.zip

V1.0 worked after i did some hunting for a working link.
    finally got wifi tether.

pretty frustrating when you buy a new phone(captive) and they dont even put an internet sharing app on there to use your $70/mo unlimited tethering plan....buncha BS
    12-01-2010 09:13 PM
466 ... 23456 ...