Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for you reply!
is it possible you will elaborate on this subject?
does it have a potential of working?
usually the apps i install are for phones i dont want to log in with any google account, this is why i love your little script!
but i can't seem to find the issue with repeating the script (with killing the ADB SERVER, than bringing it back up every time) - just loading the next program each loop...
maybe if we define that the apk's will be numbered? (1.apk ,2.apk ,3.apk...)?
unfortunatly i haven't written a program in a while...and im not sure its even possible to do what i ask. but im sure it will help others!
appreciate your work.
Yossi

You would have to add a loop to the batch script. Name your apk files like you mention, then have the bat file install 1.apk, then check if 2.apk exists. If so, ask user if they want to install it -- y means yes, install 2.apk, N means no, exit gracefully. Continue looking for 3.apk, etc.

The adb binary does all the hard work, just have to script the commands. I decided that it's just easier and simpler to do one apk at a time, but by all means edit things to suit your needs. And share it if you do :)

i keep getting the error

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continure, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

help please

Have you installed the .NET4 framework on your computer?

I can't download it! I keep trying to click it (it opens a new blank tab) and save as... doesn't work. Is there a mirror somewhere I can use?

Android Central "owns" the work. I'll see what we can do about a mirror, and investigate why the downloads arent working.

+1 I get a white page
on beta v1.1, keep getting an error after 1st window

New to android from htc fuze, and so far windows was wayyyy eaiser.
Just seem like i gotta download a zillion apps just to install one, then to unlock something else ya gotta download a bunch more apps.....grrrrrrr

Only on AT&T phones. Can't blame anyone else for that. On other carriers, you just click to download the app, then click the status bar when it's done to install it.

http://images.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/downloads/AC-SWM-v1.0.zip

V1.0 worked after i did some hunting for a working link.
finally got wifi tether.

pretty frustrating when you buy a new phone(captive) and they dont even put an internet sharing app on there to use your $70/mo unlimited tethering plan....buncha BS
Glad you got it installed, and I agree. Making users jump through hoops so that your new Captivate isn't more functional out of the box than an iPhone is ridiculous. AT&T should be ashamed at the lengths they took to cripple their Android phones.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I have to say-couldn't have been simpler to sidleload an app-thanks! I tried it with the developer's trial of "tasker", since it has a 7 day trial instead of the 1 day trial in the market. Worked perfectly without having to go thru any separate stuff or tweaks on my stock Captivate

willas

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I cannot install z4root and applanet.

Mains screen I have: Could not find a path "C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk"

I've got:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk'.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileSystem.FileCopy(String Source, String Destination)
at AC_SWM.frmMain.btnChoose_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AC_SWM
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Willas/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX28.088/AC_SWM/AC_SWM.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

MotoBravo

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Complete smartphone idiot here. This tool worked perfectly installing xm-sirius app on a restricted AT&T phone. No hassle at all . Thanks so much. BTW phone is new Moto Bravo, computer is running XP PRO SP3.

MerovingianG03

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I am getting an app developed from a 3rd party firm from india and they sent me a apk file to put on my phone. I have a HTC Aria and I know about the block at&t put on the phone. I downloaded the sideloader and when i go to choose a file and pick the apk file it says Could not find part of the path what does that mean how do I fix this problem I need to beta test this app on my phone. Please help me.

default_user8

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I have an ATT branded SE Xperia X10a. I've successfully used the Sideload Wonder Machine, but I was wondering is there any plans to turn it into a SideUNloader Wonder Machine to remove the preloaded apps that I don't use. Thanks for the great work.

bigdaddy03160

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the insufficient storage error as well, but I am a little confused by it. I have my phone rooted, and the db file has been altered so I can install third party apps. I discovered this error while trying to install Root Explorer...which I paid for to put the dp file in the proper location on my phone...on my wife's phone. Both phones receive the error, but should my phone still have it? Just wondering. Thanks for the app, and I'm sorry I can't use it, it is an excellent program.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I cannot install z4root and applanet.

Mains screen I have: Could not find a path "C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk"

I've got:

<snipped>

That sounds like you're having issues with the .NET framework. Look here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/and...g-issues-sideload-wonder-machine-windows.html

Complete smartphone idiot here. This tool worked perfectly installing xm-sirius app on a restricted AT&T phone. No hassle at all . Thanks so much. BTW phone is new Moto Bravo, computer is running XP PRO SP3.

Great. XP is hit or miss sometimes with this. !

I am getting an app developed from a 3rd party firm from india and they sent me a apk file to put on my phone. I have a HTC Aria and I know about the block at&t put on the phone. I downloaded the sideloader and when i go to choose a file and pick the apk file it says Could not find part of the path what does that mean how do I fix this problem I need to beta test this app on my phone. Please help me.

Read this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/and...g-issues-sideload-wonder-machine-windows.html

If that doesn't help get it sorted, make a new thread in this forum -- I get emailed when threads are made here.

I have an ATT branded SE Xperia X10a. I've successfully used the Sideload Wonder Machine, but I was wondering is there any plans to turn it into a SideUNloader Wonder Machine to remove the preloaded apps that I don't use. Thanks for the great work.

The problem is that you have to know the file name for the app, and most of them are goofy -- com.developerdude.myapp.apk -- for example. It could be done, but it's a lot of reading output from the terminal for the end user, and if you enter the wrong name, the wrong file gets deleted o_O.

I suggest downloading an app installer from the market.

I'm getting the insufficient storage error as well, but I am a little confused by it. I have my phone rooted, and the db file has been altered so I can install third party apps. I discovered this error while trying to install Root Explorer...which I paid for to put the dp file in the proper location on my phone...on my wife's phone. Both phones receive the error, but should my phone still have it? Just wondering. Thanks for the app, and I'm sorry I can't use it, it is an excellent program.

UGH. That's a huge PITA, and as far as I know there's no 100% fix for it other than doing a complete wipe

i installed it..it gives me error and say "device not found"
Probably a driver issue. Read this:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/and...g-issues-sideload-wonder-machine-windows.html

dbord_n

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
i keep getting this as an error:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at AC_SWM.frmDiag.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
AC_SWM
CodeBase: file:///C:/AC_SWMv1.1_10_30_BETA/AC_SWM/AC_SWM.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

help me please. i have tried to redownload the side loader app. i have a motorola bravo 2.1 on windows 7 pro. have phone in debug mode and on usb charging mode.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
On Captivate. my error says: install failed older sdk

That means the file you are trying to install needs a higher version of Android than you are running.

i keep getting this as an error:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at AC_SWM.frmDiag.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

mscorlib
AC_SWM
CodeBase: file:///C:/AC_SWMv1.1_10_30_BETA/AC_SWM/AC_SWM.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
System
System.Core
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
System.Runtime.Remoting

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

help me please. i have tried to redownload the side loader app. i have a motorola bravo 2.1 on windows 7 pro. have phone in debug mode and on usb charging mode.

You need to have .NET4 working on your PC

how do you know when its down loading to the phone?
Not quite sure what you're asking. If you mean how to tell when it's finished installing -- it will tell you in the command window that it has finished.

perseids

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Can't get the USB driver loaded!

I have an HTC Aria and am running Windows XP on my laptop. When I connect the USB cable to my phone I get the 'Found New Hardware Wizard' for device 'ADB'. I have tried letting it find the driver automatically and doing it manually both.
If I try manually my choices are "Search for the driver in these locations" and "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install."
When I choose the second option, the next dialog box lists the Hardware Types and wants me to choose one. I have tried a coouple different choices and I get the message "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware"
I have no idea what kind of device it thinks it is. When I look at device manager it is just listed under "Other"
Please HELP, I really want to give Swype a try.

jeverton

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Ditto under Window XP SP3... but this application is working with Windows 7 Ultimate :) Now I just need to get past the vendor USB driver (Samsung_Android). Does anyone know where this can be obtained? I've sent an email to Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.