05-15-2011 10:47 PM
466 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Hi,
    I posted in the other thread but I think it's been missed.
    I hope someone can help me with this .

"First post but I have been reading reams and reams of useful info for a while now. Thanks to all.
    Mind you, even after all the reading I can only get as far as:-

'loader.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM\payload>cd ..

C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM>loader.bat
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine v. 1.1
    Make sure your phone is plugged in, and
    USB debugging is enabled on your phone

List of devices attached
    644213c9dada device

You should see the serial number of your Android
    phone above. If so, continue. If not, make sure
    you have installed the USB driver for your phone,
    and make sure that USB debugging is enabled.

Press any key to continue . . ."

And this is where I am lost.
    The "644213c9dada " is not the same as the Serial number in battery compartment of my Samsung I5801. It's "RVIZ966404M".
    Can anyone help me with this, why the difference? More importantly, is it ok to proceed?"
    best wishes
    Steve
    12-26-2010 05:11 PM
    Hi,
    I posted in the other thread but I think it's been missed.
    I hope someone can help me with this .

"First post but I have been reading reams and reams of useful info for a while now. Thanks to all.
    Mind you, even after all the reading I can only get as far as:-

'loader.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM\payload>cd ..

C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM>loader.bat
    Make sure your phone is plugged in, and
    USB debugging is enabled on your phone

List of devices attached
    644213c9dada device

You should see the serial number of your Android
    phone above. If so, continue. If not, make sure
    you have installed the USB driver for your phone,
    and make sure that USB debugging is enabled.

Press any key to continue . . ."

And this is where I am lost.
    The "644213c9dada " is not the same as the Serial number in battery compartment of my Samsung I5801. It's "RVIZ966404M".
    Can anyone help me with this, why the difference? More importantly, is it ok to proceed?"
    best wishes
    Steve
    That's fine. The serial number reported by ADB (and thusly -- the SWM) is different from your device ID. In most cases, as long as you see a number and not a blank line, unknown, or ?????????? all is well.
    12-26-2010 08:49 PM
    I am having issues Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK] What in the world is that and how so I fix it? Please help me
    Try a different app. The one you're trying top load was made for a newer version of Android.

I'm running into an error and I believe it's due to the fact that when I had to replace my HD on this computer it installed my main HD as H:\ instead of C:\. C:\ went to one of the media card slots. What do I need to edit to get this to work?
    Unzip the program to your H drive.
    Open the file named loader.bat and edit line 11 to read:
    Code:
    H:\AC_SWM\adb install H:\AC_SWM\payload\*.apk
    Open the file reloader.bat and edit line 11 to read:
    Code:
    H:\AC_SWM\adb install -r H:\AC_SWM\payload\*.apk
    You won't be able to use the front end GUI for the app, but it was built for just such an emergency YOUR directions are as follows:
    • Place the apk file you want to load into the H:\AC_SWM\payload\ folder.
    • If it is a fresh install, run the loader.bat file
    • If it is upgrading an existing app, run the reloader.bat file
    • When finished, be sure to delete the .apk file from the payload folder, only one .apk file at a time can be present.

Note you will still need the USB driver for your phone model.

Good luck!
    Maahes0 likes this.
    12-26-2010 08:59 PM
    I gotta say THANK YOU! I've been trying to figure out a way to get Firefox 4 Mobile Beta 3 installed. Ran accross this thread via the Mozillazine Forums (Firefox Mobile section). Followed the instructions in Post 16 here and all went smoothly with my Samsung Captivate Galaxy S (AT&T). So glad I found this place.

Now, on to scour all that is Android Central...
    12-26-2010 09:35 PM
    I still get the error about not having .NET v4.0.30319 after installing it, and restarting.

OS is W7 x64, phone is a Samsung Captivate.

edit: using loader.bat gets me the insufficient storage error
    12-27-2010 01:23 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for your response, will check it out tonight.
    bests wishes
    Steve
    12-27-2010 05:44 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for your response, will check it out tonight.
    bests wishes
    Steve
    Thanks a bunch. ASWM worked a treat. Z4root sideloaded and successfully rooted my I5801 on UK Orange.
    All I have to do is fathom out what I need to get rid of all of the "bloatware" my service provider dumped on the phone.

Can any one talk me through it, what do I need to download to get to delete these unwanted apps?

best wishes
    Steve
    12-27-2010 02:18 PM
    I dont have a payload folder, how do I get one?
    12-27-2010 05:36 PM
    Thanks! That worked perfect. Now to see if I like Firefox or Dolphin better.
    12-27-2010 09:43 PM
    Sideload Wonder Machine 1.1 public beta

1. This has not been publicly tested, so it gets the BETA tag. It has been through a good bit of private testing, and it's time to put it out there for bug reports. The download is attached to the bottom of this post. The source will follow once I'm satisfied the BETA isn't broken.

2. You will still need to install the Microsoft .NET 4 framework. You can find a direct download from Microsoft right here.

3. To install version 1.1 of the SWM, you need to place the AC_SWM folder that is inside the zip file you downloaded on your C:\ drive. Don't place it in any subfolder. Don't remove any files or folders from the AC_SWM folder. Doing it this way (manually copying the folder) keeps us from having to write to the Windows registry. Nobody wants to do that.

• Open the downloaded zip file with your favorite zip file utility. Or just use Windows and double click it.
    • In a separate window, open My Computer and navigate to your C:\ drive. If you don't have a C:\ drive, you already know what you're doing and will need to create one.
    • Drag the AC_SWM folder from the zip file into your C:\ drive.

Inside the AC_SWM folder is the program itself. LEAVE IT WHERE IT IS. You can create a shortcut to the application anywhere you like, but the program itself needs to stay put.

You will also need to install the adb USB driver for your phone. You can find this at the manufacturers site. The application will not, and can not function without this. Refer to your device specific forum for help if needed.

You will need to enable USB debugging to use the SWM. On your phone:
    menu->settings->Applications->Development . Check the box that says USB Debugging.

To use the SWM:
    • Connect your phone to your computer.
    • Make sure your phone is not set to act as a USB device.
    • Make sure your phone is not set to act as a USB modem.
    • Make sure any applications or windows that open and run when you plug your phone in are disabled. This includes doubleTwist and WinAmp, as well as device or carrier specific programs.
    • Open the Sideload Wonder Machine program on your computer.
    • Use the "Choose APK" button to find the .apk file of the application you want to install. It's a standard windows dialog. Just select it and choose "open".
    • You'll see a popup that tells you exactly what file is being prepared to be installed. If this is correct, click OK in that window.
    • Press the "Install" button to install the application to your phone. If you are upgrading an app that already exists, be sure to check the box to let the program know.
    • A window will open. Read what the window says. If there is no error message, everything went as planned and your application is now installed.

If there is an error, while your phone is plugged in open the diagnostics window via the "Diagnostics" button. Run both diagnostic tools. Read the output of them, and look for the error. If you are unable to resolve the error, please provide a screenshot of both diagnostic windows for better help.
    Good instructions gbhil. Thanks! I had the "device offline" problem, and after a couple hours of trial and error, I stumbled onto this helpful hint and finally got it to work. Please add it to your instructions: Possible Solution for ADB Device Off-line - Android Developers | Google Groups
    12-28-2010 01:59 AM
    OK new to this how do i get a apk file i have none on my laptop..Can someone list one or? Hmmm...
    12-28-2010 11:40 AM
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have the USB driver installed for my phone, the Motorola icon is in my task bar by the time. There is no option to choose debugging mode. There is an option for when it connects to "do nothing". I chose that.

ASWM ran fine it seems but the diagnostic tools did not show my device listed and there was no serial number listed. Not sure how to proceed. Any ideas?
    12-28-2010 05:58 PM
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have the USB driver installed for my phone, the Motorola icon is in my task bar by the time. There is no option to choose debugging mode. There is an option for when it connects to "do nothing". I chose that.

ASWM ran fine it seems but the diagnostic tools did not show my device listed and there was no serial number listed. Not sure how to proceed. Any ideas?
    menu>settings>applications>development>usb debugging

leave it set to do nothing when connected, and give it a whirl.
    12-28-2010 06:02 PM
    Aha thank you that worked. Thank you.
    12-28-2010 06:26 PM
    anyone???????
    12-28-2010 08:27 PM
    anyone???????
    You have to search for and download it. An apk file is an installer file for apps on android, similar to what an exe is on Windows...
    12-28-2010 08:29 PM
    I have a Captivate and am wondering how i uninstall apps I have sideloaded (i used the SWM if that matters)?

Great piece of software although i was only able to use the first beta not the updated one, it wouldn't see my phone but the first was able to.
    12-29-2010 04:16 PM
    I downloaded the zip file and when I double click it it says "this zip file is invalid" . Its also only 64 kb. I've tried to download it a couple times and it keeps saying the same thing. I have no internet right now so I downloaded it onto my phone and moved it to my netbook. Could this be why its not working? I've downloaded other things like this before and its always worked. Help?
    12-29-2010 10:42 PM
    It worked very well on my Windows XP and I have Captivate. Thanks gbhil
    12-30-2010 06:18 PM
    How do you get a dang payload folder.
    12-31-2010 01:35 PM
    Ok so trying to side load an app on my Captivate, keeps showing the device as offline, lists the serial, but says offline, not sure what to do.
    01-02-2011 02:46 PM
    It passes all the dignostic tests then when i go to install it i get this message @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Installing application

964 KB/s (0 bytes in 77197.000s)
    pkg: C:\AC_SWM\payload\Swype-Installer.apk
    Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

If you do not see an error, everything was
    successful and your application is installed.
    After exiting the program, you may unplug
    your Android phone.
    Press any key to continue . . .

Any Ideas? I have 1.5gb's free on my phone.
    01-02-2011 08:04 PM
    I have a Captivate and am wondering how i uninstall apps I have sideloaded (i used the SWM if that matters)?

Great piece of software although i was only able to use the first beta not the updated one, it wouldn't see my phone but the first was able to.
    Easy way -- install an app uninstaller from the market
    Less easy, but doesn't require an extra app -- menu>settings>applications>manage applications. Find the app in the list, press to open it and choose uninstall.

I downloaded the zip file and when I double click it it says "this zip file is invalid" . Its also only 64 kb. I've tried to download it a couple times and it keeps saying the same thing. I have no internet right now so I downloaded it onto my phone and moved it to my netbook. Could this be why its not working? I've downloaded other things like this before and its always worked. Help?
    Sounds like it won't download via the phone. Not sure why, but you see that a lot from forums. Drop me a line via email and I can mail it to you, maybe that will get it on your SD card for copying to the PC

How do you get a dang payload folder.
    Not sure why some people aren't seeing one, cause it's in there. Maybe because it's an empty folder. In any case, juts make one inside the AC_SWM folder, and name it payload -- leave it empty.

Ok so trying to side load an app on my Captivate, keeps showing the device as offline, lists the serial, but says offline, not sure what to do.
    USB driver needs installed. Hit the Captivate forums for more info.

It passes all the dignostic tests then when i go to install it i get this message @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Installing application

964 KB/s (0 bytes in 77197.000s)
    pkg: C:\AC_SWM\payload\Swype-Installer.apk
    Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

If you do not see an error, everything was
    successful and your application is installed.
    After exiting the program, you may unplug
    your Android phone.
    Press any key to continue . . .

Any Ideas? I have 1.5gb's free on my phone.
    I hate that. Really hate it.

I can't duplicate it here, and it doesn't happen to most people, but it's something screwey with the Captivate. I have no "official fix", but read through this thread to see some unofficial fixes that seem to have worked.
    01-02-2011 09:07 PM
    I am getting the same out of space error trying to install Firefox. I have over 10gb free on the phone and 13gb on my memory card. Samsung Captivate. I am so sick of this phone
    01-03-2011 03:17 PM
    Anyone else solved this yet???
    01-04-2011 12:35 PM
466 ... 56789 ...