AC Sideload Wonder Machine for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Same thing on my XP machine and Galaxy S. What I did was edit the batch files and changed "adb" to "C:\AC_SWM\adb.exe". Everything worked fine after that.

This ^^ (be sure to change the loader.bat, reloader.bat, and usbdiag.bat files) Some XP machines can use the .NET code as is to get the path, others have to be hardcoded. At this point, I'm just hardcoding everything :p I have a fellow on XP with no service packs installed that has to install everything in the %winsystem% directory to get it to work. And they call Android fragmented lol.

One request -- does the path diagnostics tool work for you on your system? It should, everything it references is in the windows root directory. I'm just checking because it looks like I found someone who can test for me (hint hint lol)

The change is already made here, just looking at some other things and will update the beta. ETA is tomorrow, one fellow testing for me is in Poland, and they have that crazy daytime/nighttime swap thing going on :p

jpinks

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Path and Driver status were good now it gives the same adb error as above but now the driver status check doesnt show the phones serial number anymore its giving the adb error message

zulfikar

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
i m getting an error which states that i shuld b able to see the serial number above but i m unable to see my phone serial num

i check my phone , it is connected to the pc and all function working fine . dunno wats the prob . please help

thompshj

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't work for SE X10a-AT&T "ahem". "Device not found" error but driver is installed and phone files are accessable thru Windows Explorer. Tried both Vista and Win7. But hey, thx anyhow for the attempt!

Reactions: AceLOD

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Whats this??? Isnt this in the zip already?
Failed to start because AdbWinApi.dll was not found.

Yes, it's in the zip. Make sure you have all the files from the zip file in place.

Path and Driver status were good now it gives the same adb error as above but now the driver status check doesnt show the phones serial number anymore its giving the adb error message

If it doesn't give the phone serial number, it will never work. If you do not see the serial number of your phone, but see no error message, you driver is not working correctly.

Everytime I click Get File a box comes up that says: "Cancel Button Clicked"
Help

Please show the output of the diagnostic tools.

beta 1.1 not working, missing file

Steps to recreate?

i m getting an error which states that i shuld b able to see the serial number above but i m unable to see my phone serial num

i check my phone , it is connected to the pc and all function working fine . dunno wats the prob . please help

The problem is that you do not have the windows driver for your phone installed correctly. Check the manufacturers site for "USB drivers".

It doesn't work for SE X10a-AT&T "ahem". "Device not found" error but driver is installed and phone files are accessable thru Windows Explorer. Tried both Vista and Win7. But hey, thx anyhow for the attempt!
"Ahem" This was developed with the X10 on AT&T, phone model makes no difference. "Device not found" means the driver is not running. This program does not communicate with your phone, only the USB driver. If you can access files, that means you have the phone set up as a mass storage device. Please see the instructions, as your phone can't communicate with your computer if you have mass storage enabled, which means the USB driver is not running.

kenzak

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Some of the files were blocked on my machine after unzipping the archive. Right click on the files and see if Windows is blocking them. If you see "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer", it's just a matter off clicking the button to unblock.

taro_boy

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
First, thank you for creating the SWM! I have a HTC Aria, and I had to delete the original BETA download, re-download it and drag it to my C drive as you instructed. Wouldn't work before doing this, but now I was able to get it to successfully install Swype onto my phone. Didn't get any error messages or anything. Problem is, where is the app now (on my phone)?? I don't see Swype as an application, and I've been unable to locate the .apk file using Astro. Where does the SWM send the file??

**EDIT 11/2**
Nevermind, I figured it out. Swype was, in fact, successfully installed. I confess, I apparently wasn't looking in the right place. In short, the SWM worked as advertised!! Thanks again for creating such a beautiful thing!

Last edited:

google123

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey is there a site somewhere to download apk files for apps? I wanna download a couple of apps to try on an eris which is not activated and for which i dont have wifi connectivity for. basically, looking for a site to download free android app APKs.

taro_boy

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey is there a site somewhere to download apk files for apps? I wanna download a couple of apps to try on an eris which is not activated and for which i dont have wifi connectivity for. basically, looking for a site to download free android app APKs.

@google123: try Warez-BB.org. You'll need to register though. Once there, do a search for "Andriod" and you'll find a lot of pleasing results.

jjob

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I receive an error "device not found". If I can mount my Captivate and copy files to it, do I have the "adb USB driver"?

If not, I am evidently not getting the right driver from Samsung or AT&T. Do you have a link to the proper driver for the Captivate?

xavier55

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
this is what i getit cant find the payload folder but it is there

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at AC_SWM.frmDiag.Button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AC_SWM
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Erik/Desktop/AC_SWM/AC_SWM.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool