Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Guys (and gals) --

PLEASE make sure you're reading the instructions, and understand them. The files MUST be extracted to your C drive. I don't like doing things that way, but in order to have some sort of backwards compatibility, I had to put the full path to locations in the application. This means I had to know where exactly the program was going to be, and it has to be in C:\AC_SWM. If it's not there, it's not going to work. Ever.

You have to be sure you have Microsoft's .NET 4 framework installed. If you're not sure, install it again.

If some files from the download show as blocked (in properties), there's nothing that can be done about that. You will have to unblock them manually, that is a Windows security thing for binary files downloaded from the internet.

The stickler -- the USB driver. Just because you can drag and drop files, doesn't mean you have the USB driver installed. This program can't communicate with your phone. No programs can, save one application (adb.exe) which is written by Google. This program needs a properly functioning USB driver to communicate with your phone. I've made it as easy as I can to see if the driver is installed properly, use the diagnostics button and run the USB diagnostics. You will either see the device's serial number (driver is good), or you wont (driver is not good). I can't troubleshoot the driver install on your PC. Hit the specific forum for your Phone, and ask for some help -- it's likely that someone else here has had driver issues, too. Blame Windows -- on a Linux machine you just plug the phone in and it works.

I'm more than happy to help get this running for anyone, but I need you to make sure the basics have been done first. I'm getting swamped with questions from people who don't have the drivers installed, or did not extract the files to the correct place.

anon(81295)

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Im running the BETA,
Ive put the files in the correct place, have .NET 4, have the right usb driver, when i run both diagnostics everything checks out, after i picked my APK file (angry birds) and hit install i get this error
"EOCD not found, not Zip file 'C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk' is not a valid zip file"

I was pretty sure i was doing everything right but i guess not, any help will be appreciated, Please and Thank You

-Eddie

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Im running the BETA,
Ive put the files in the correct place, have .NET 4, have the right usb driver, when i run both diagnostics everything checks out, after i picked my APK file (angry birds) and hit install i get this error
"EOCD not found, not Zip file 'C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk' is not a valid zip file"

I was pretty sure i was doing everything right but i guess not, any help will be appreciated, Please and Thank You

-Eddie

Sounds like you have everything set up correctly. Try another apk file? Never seen that error, but Windows thinks .apk files are "zip" files, so it could be a corrupt app.

google123

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
@google123: try Warez-BB.org. You'll need to register though. Once there, do a search for "Andriod" and you'll find a lot of pleasing results.

Cool. Thanks. I wish the official market would allow apps to be downloaded on the desktop that could then be installed using something like the wonderful sideload machine. :D

chickenbot

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
im getting a failure [install_failed_insufficeient_storage].. i have 13 gigs on the phone and 6 gigs on the sd card.. any thoughts?

edit: im on the captivate and xp home.. i cant wait to use your program.. it looks great

Last edited:

anon(81295)

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you have everything set up correctly. Try another apk file? Never seen that error, but Windows thinks .apk files are "zip" files, so it could be a corrupt app.

You were right it was a bad apk, i found a different one and it worked. Thank you so much who ever created the sideload Wonder Maching =D

telen

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Windows 7 no luck getting it to work. Help Please

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at AC_SWM.frmDiag.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AC_SWM
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/GR/Desktop/AC_SWMv1.1_10_30_BETA/AC_SWM/AC_SWM.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

daCLOUD

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Followed the steps from post #16 and has ZERO problems with the program on my Win 7 32 bit machine and my Captivate. Works Great, Thx!!!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
The Beta version worked for me. Finally I can use apk files. I'm using Samsung Captivate btw.

Thanks for the report!

im getting a failure [install_failed_insufficeient_storage].. i have 13 gigs on the phone and 6 gigs on the sd card.. any thoughts?

edit: im on the captivate and xp home.. i cant wait to use your program.. it looks great

Do market applications install correctly? There's a rare bug with the Captivate where file permissions get fouled up on the /data partition, and the only way to fix it is to root, or reset the phone.

Before we go any further, try a big market app and see if it installs.

I set my captivate to KIES after installing the KIES driver and it worked. Thanks....

Good to know. Thanks!

You were right it was a bad apk, i found a different one and it worked. Thank you so much who ever created the sideload Wonder Maching =D

Awesome. I was hoping that's what it was, cause that weird error had me scratching my head :p

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/GR/Desktop/AC_SWMv1.1_10_30_BETA/AC_SWM/AC_SWM.exe

I snipped and left the relevant part. Did you unzip the file, and copy the AC_SWM folder into your C:\ drive? Your computer thinks it's on your desktop.

Followed the steps from post #16 and has ZERO problems with the program on my Win 7 32 bit machine and my Captivate. Works Great, Thx!!!
Awesome. First report from Win 7-32 :)

chickenbot

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Do market applications install correctly? There's a rare bug with the Captivate where file permissions get fouled up on the /data partition, and the only way to fix it is to root, or reset the phone.

Before we go any further, try a big market app and see if it installs.

they do install w/o any probs.. just to make sure, any suggestions? im running pdanet, facebook, espn score center, ect.. are they big enough or should i try something else? i have tried doing it w/ pdanet off and w/ it on

madigap

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
hi guys... I am new and have a Captivate. I could not run the Sideload Wonder Machine interface due to the .NET framework error. I was able to load the Sirius XM ap though. I am new to this... but here goes... after connecting the phone to the PC (enable USB debugging and mounting), downloading the Sideloader Wonder Machine zip files, and unzipping to your desktop, follow the steps below:
1. Copy the .apk ap from your phone
2. Paste the .apk ap to the Payload folder located in the AC-SWM folder you unzipped
3. Double click on the loader MS-DOS Batch file
4. Click Run
5. A DOS window opens, click any key to continue
6. If you receive a "success: message in the DOS window, your .apk loaded to your phone!
7. Close everything out
8. Unmount the phone
9. Uncheck USB debugging (not sure you need to, but what the heck)
10. Open the ap on your phone and enjoy!

Hope this works, it did for me...

bullet08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
cool.. just used SWM 1.0 to load apps that was no longer on the market and will not load from back up, and it works just fine. using htc aria.

bullet08

pegleg2060

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey eveyone, wanted to thank the guys at android central for this wonderful app. Had a bit of trouble getting it setup on my Captivate galaxy S, just because ATT blocks everything. Thought id let people know my steps for it just in case anyone else has trouble.
1. Download Sideloader wonder machine
2. turn on debugging mode via Applications, settings, applications, development, check usb debugging.
3. Plug in the USB to the PC, and mount the phone by pulling the top left corner down and allowing it to mount
4. Should be good to go for using the sideloader now as usual, the main problem i had was both my PC's had issues installing the drivers to the computer, then didn't realize i had to mount it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci