AC Sideload Wonder Machine for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

njr

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
This quote from Ams Diane should answer lots of the Samsung and other issues. I followed it and it worked great. I now have Sirius on my Captivate.

OK. I'm usually pretty good at this stuff, but this was stumping me for WAY TOO LONG and I thought my explanation below might help other folks having similar issues. (And FWIW, I HATE ATT for crippling my phone before I even got my hands on it!)

I'm running 32-bit WinXP SP3 on an Intel-core processor. I have the correct drivers installed for my Samsung Captivate. I installed the drivers from Samsung's Software page (The driver is called "SGH-i897_Captivate_USB_Drivers_5_02_0_2.zip".) With this, my phone appears in Device Manager as "ADB Interface > SAMSUNG Android Composite ADB Interface". I am able to connect my phone and once I mount my phone, I can move items via Mass Storage just fine. It does mount 2 drives (which looks like one is for the internal memory and one is for the SD card.) Everything appears A-OK here.

I was trying to sideload "Trillian.apk" with SWM. I was having all sorts of issues with the AndroidCentral Sideload Wonder Machine directory path and location of my selected *.apk. I figured out the workarounds, and managed to get my device ID number detected. When everything looked like it going to install A-OK, SWM would then crap out and give me an error about
Code:
pkg: payload\to_install.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

Given the error and the fact that I knew I had plenty of internal and external memory free, something else had to be the problem. A little trial-and-error ensued. Let me describe what I was doing WRONG (at the end, I tell you what worked CORRECTLY):
  1. I downloaded "AC-SWM-v1.0.zip" and extracted the files to my desktop (path "C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM").
  2. I setup my phone with the following settings:
    [*]Applications > USB Settings > Mass storage
    [*]Applications > Development > USB debugging​
  3. I plugged in my phone via the USB cable. Phone was detected and connected.
  4. On my phone, I opted to "Select to copy files to/from your computer" which in turn prompts me to mount my phone. This causes my windows computer to open two explorer windows for both the internal memory and SD card. Looked like so far, so good.
  5. I then double-click on "AndroidCentral-SWN.exe"
  6. I followed the YouTube instructions to select the "Trillian.apk" file (located on my desktop at C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\). This resulted in the following error in SWM:
    Code:
    'loader.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop>
    I sensed a problem in the path for the loader.bat program, so I moved the "Trillian.apk" file into the payload folder (at "C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM\payload\") thinking that was where it needed to go. (Which was close, but not quite right as you can see in the output below.)

Code:
'loader.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM\payload>cd ..

C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM>loader.bat
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine v. 1.1
Make sure your phone is plugged in, and
USB debugging is enabled on your phone

List of devices attached
I89786099b38    device

You should see the serial number of your Android
phone above. If so, continue.  If not, make sure
you have installed the USB driver for your phone,
and make sure that USB debugging is enabled.

Press any key to continue . . .
Installing application

1147 KB/s (0 bytes in 1065198.000s)
        pkg: payload\to_install.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

If you do not see an error, everything was
successful.  After exiting the program,
you may unplug your Android phone and
your application should be installed.
You will now be returned to the Android
Central Sideload Wonder Machine and can
install another app if you wish.

Despite the error indicating a problem with memory, it was actually an issue with location of the *.apk file to be installed. To make AndroidCentral Sideload Wonder Machine work correctly on my computer and with my phone, ALL of my *.apk files MUST go into the same folder as the SWM files (at C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM"). Doing this small, simple thing made it so the the loader.bat (and everything else) would work perfectly. What I now (and hopefully hereafter) received on-screen after this simple change was:

Code:
Make sure your phone is plugged in, and
USB debugging is enabled on your phone

List of devices attached
I89786099b38    device

You should see the serial number of your Android
phone above. If so, continue.  If not, make sure
you have installed the USB driver for your phone,
and make sure that USB debugging is enabled.

Installing application

1305 KB/s (0 bytes in 1065198.000s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/to_install.apk
Success

successful.  After exiting the program,
you may unplug your Android phone and
your application should be installed.
You will now be returned to the Android
Central Sideload Wonder Machine and can
install another app if you wish.

I hope this will help others struggling with this. (Good luck!)

Reactions: TeritaM

austinbest

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site

Updating application

1911 KB/s (2270375 bytes in 1.160s)
Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES]

successful and your application has been
updated. You can now close the SWM and disconnect
your device.

How do you fix these problems, i have installed maybe 5 or 6 apps with SWM, never had this one.

austinbest

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I guess i should add i had to check the "Update existing app". This is the swype beta that i had installed on my 2.1, but when i did the 2.2 update it wiped everything. So i tried to reinstall that apk and it first said it was already installed, which it isn't... That is when i tried the update and got the above. I tried this with 2 different beta apk files i have, same result for both.

austinbest

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
And not to tripple post here, guess i am a jack-ass... It is already installed on the 2.2 i just updated to but not in the application list? Weird...

GChundrlek

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I didn't want to download the .NET Framework, so I used the batch file instead with the .apk in the payload folder.

Worked like a charm. :)

Will the new version work the same way?

KillnFools

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Help

trying to use side loader wonder machine and it keeps giving me this pop up talking about the path is not right. here are the details could you help me out please

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

djolgay

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
When i am tryin to install ebook.apk and messasing.apk to my galaxy tab , i get these error msgs ,what should i do ?

for:ebook.apk

855 KB/s (5147217 bytes in 5.873s)
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]

for:messaging.apk

578 KB/s (11254 bytes in 0.019s)
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED LİBRARY]

delney

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Downloaded, but cannot open the .zip with either Windows or 7zip. Win XP Pro SP3. My .net framework is still installing, but I can't imagine that affects the .zip.

Error is: The Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted.
And 7zip just said it couldn't open the archive.

Yes, I tried downloading again. Any ideas?

Edit: NM... tried again today and the .zip opened fine. My laptop must've been waiting for the full moon.

Last edited:

thresherhorn

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Worked like a charm on my Samsung Captivate.

Truth of the matter is I know I should root/sideload/busybox/whatever my phone but the simple truth is I'm a phone hack noob. Anything that needs a disclaimer saying "I'm not responsible for your brick" just doesn't do it for me.

This program allows me to skip all that business and get right to my non-AT&T shenanigans.

Thanks!

msrachelr

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So frustrated with this phone

I have tried several different things for HOURS trying to get this damn thing to work the way I want it to! Ugh! I have an xperia x10 and I'm running Windows 7. I cannot get the SWM to recognize my phone. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers as well as changing settings so that my computers does not want to automatically assign a "mass storage" mode when the phone is connected to the computer. Nothing. NADA. Help! the .net has been updated and I have tried everything suggested so far. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781