AC Sideload Wonder Machine for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdunlapx

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Not sure..

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have the USB driver installed for my phone, the Motorola icon is in my task bar by the time. There is no option to choose debugging mode. There is an option for when it connects to "do nothing". I chose that.

ASWM ran fine it seems but the diagnostic tools did not show my device listed and there was no serial number listed. Not sure how to proceed. Any ideas?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have the USB driver installed for my phone, the Motorola icon is in my task bar by the time. There is no option to choose debugging mode. There is an option for when it connects to "do nothing". I chose that.

ASWM ran fine it seems but the diagnostic tools did not show my device listed and there was no serial number listed. Not sure how to proceed. Any ideas?

menu>settings>applications>development>usb debugging

leave it set to do nothing when connected, and give it a whirl.

alexige

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a Captivate and am wondering how i uninstall apps I have sideloaded (i used the SWM if that matters)?

Great piece of software although i was only able to use the first beta not the updated one, it wouldn't see my phone but the first was able to.

jdwhite87

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the zip file and when I double click it it says "this zip file is invalid" . Its also only 64 kb. I've tried to download it a couple times and it keeps saying the same thing. I have no internet right now so I downloaded it onto my phone and moved it to my netbook. Could this be why its not working? I've downloaded other things like this before and its always worked. Help?

SeanBest

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok so trying to side load an app on my Captivate, keeps showing the device as offline, lists the serial, but says offline, not sure what to do.

pacman160

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
It passes all the dignostic tests then when i go to install it i get this message @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine v. 1.1
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Installing application

964 KB/s (0 bytes in 77197.000s)
pkg: C:\AC_SWM\payload\Swype-Installer.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

If you do not see an error, everything was
successful and your application is installed.
After exiting the program, you may unplug
your Android phone.
Press any key to continue . . .

Any Ideas? I have 1.5gb's free on my phone.

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a Captivate and am wondering how i uninstall apps I have sideloaded (i used the SWM if that matters)?

Great piece of software although i was only able to use the first beta not the updated one, it wouldn't see my phone but the first was able to.

Easy way -- install an app uninstaller from the market
Less easy, but doesn't require an extra app -- menu>settings>applications>manage applications. Find the app in the list, press to open it and choose uninstall.

I downloaded the zip file and when I double click it it says "this zip file is invalid" . Its also only 64 kb. I've tried to download it a couple times and it keeps saying the same thing. I have no internet right now so I downloaded it onto my phone and moved it to my netbook. Could this be why its not working? I've downloaded other things like this before and its always worked. Help?

Sounds like it won't download via the phone. Not sure why, but you see that a lot from forums. Drop me a line via email and I can mail it to you, maybe that will get it on your SD card for copying to the PC

How do you get a dang payload folder.

Not sure why some people aren't seeing one, cause it's in there. Maybe because it's an empty folder. In any case, juts make one inside the AC_SWM folder, and name it payload -- leave it empty.

Ok so trying to side load an app on my Captivate, keeps showing the device as offline, lists the serial, but says offline, not sure what to do.

USB driver needs installed. Hit the Captivate forums for more info.

It passes all the dignostic tests then when i go to install it i get this message @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine v. 1.1
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Installing application

964 KB/s (0 bytes in 77197.000s)
pkg: C:\AC_SWM\payload\Swype-Installer.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

If you do not see an error, everything was
successful and your application is installed.
After exiting the program, you may unplug
your Android phone.
Press any key to continue . . .

Any Ideas? I have 1.5gb's free on my phone.
I hate that. Really hate it.

I can't duplicate it here, and it doesn't happen to most people, but it's something screwey with the Captivate. I have no "official fix", but read through this thread to see some unofficial fixes that seem to have worked.

jpinks

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I am getting the same out of space error trying to install Firefox. I have over 10gb free on the phone and 13gb on my memory card. Samsung Captivate. I am so sick of this phone

Last edited:

drblack

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
i have a sony ericsson xperia x10...i have the usb debugging connected...but my phone is not listed under the list of devices attached when i run the program... what did i do wrong?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
i have a sony ericsson xperia x10...i have the usb debugging connected...but my phone is not listed under the list of devices attached when i run the program... what did i do wrong?

You need to download, install, and set-up the Xperia Windows USB drivers correctly. Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the new version SE released.

I download the zip file but it comes up an efw file. what is this is how can i get this program. im frustrated and been at it all day. Please help

The download link works fine here. I'll bet your anti-virus scanner renamed it.

for me it says [install_failed_older_sdk]
trying to install launcher pro. what is goin onnnnn ?

Install_failed_older_sdk means the app you're trying to load needs a higher version of Android than what you're running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers