AC Sideload Wonder Machine for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrygr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Is it me, but I can't get the file to download. Whenever I click the link to the download site, I get a broken link error?

When I download the source.zip file and extract it, there is no exe file in it.

Am I doing something wrong.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I tried to install skype on sony ericsson xperia x10a and it says the following error:
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK]

The application is not for your version of Android

when i try to open the swm.exe file, it says network error net? and contact the administration

SWM doesn't open any sockets or connections. I have no idea why you would see network errors

Is it me, but I can't get the file to download. Whenever I click the link to the download site, I get a broken link error?

When I download the source.zip file and extract it, there is no exe file in it.

Am I doing something wrong.

Try downloading the attachment from THIS POST

What do you do if the diagnostic tests fail? I think when I use it it can't find the file or something

You tell me what the message says when it failed, and I'll tell you what to do next :)

gerrygr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Try downloading the attachment from THIS POST

Thanks. That worked.

But another strange thing occurred. When I connected via USB Debugging Mode, it recognized my Captivate, but I couldn't access the download location on the device. I then turned off USB Debugging and mounted the phone as a hard drive. SWM saw the file, but did not "see" the device. I hit Install and got the device error. I then turned on USB Debugging again and hit Install, and it worked.

Don't know why it's happening, but at least I got it to work with that peculiar work around.

ThaSkaMan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
so i just got the Inspire 4G, dont know anything about this rooting business but totally understand the concept of

with sideloader i figured it would be easy
i have .NET 4 installed
i have the HTC Sync USB Drivers installed
and i unzipped/copied SWL(source10) into C:/source
i load the loader.bat and this is what it spits out...

sideload_error_dos.jpg

what am i doing wrong here??
i did basicly what this says to do... seems pretty standard procedure to getting it done, but it didnt work for me

(as i uploaded this pic, my tired sleepless brain is thinking...could it be because im on XP SP3 and i read somewhere that .Net4+USB Drivers+SWL+Win7 would work, but issues in XP??)

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. That worked.

But another strange thing occurred. When I connected via USB Debugging Mode, it recognized my Captivate, but I couldn't access the download location on the device. I then turned off USB Debugging and mounted the phone as a hard drive. SWM saw the file, but did not "see" the device. I hit Install and got the device error. I then turned on USB Debugging again and hit Install, and it worked.

Don't know why it's happening, but at least I got it to work with that peculiar work around.

My laptop is the same way with the Samsung driver, whether I need the USB driver for SWM or for normal adb operations. The USB subsystem seems to need a kickstart. You might have to do this everytime you use the program.

so i just got the Inspire 4G, dont know anything about this rooting business but totally understand the concept of

with sideloader i figured it would be easy
i have .NET 4 installed
i have the HTC Sync USB Drivers installed
and i unzipped/copied SWL(source10) into C:/source
i load the loader.bat and this is what it spits out...

sideload_error_dos.jpg

what am i doing wrong here??
i did basicly what this says to do... seems pretty standard procedure to getting it done, but it didnt work for me

(as i uploaded this pic, my tired sleepless brain is thinking...could it be because im on XP SP3 and i read somewhere that .Net4+USB Drivers+SWL+Win7 would work, but issues in XP??)

The SWM folder needs copied to the C: drive, and not inside any other folder. Look at the pictures in post 16. You can also check that you've got everything in the right place with the diagnostics tests. This had to be done to keep backwards compatibility with XP.

ThaSkaMan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
The SWM folder needs copied to the C: drive, and not inside any other folder. Look at the pictures in post 16. You can also check that you've got everything in the right place with the diagnostics tests. This had to be done to keep backwards compatibility with XP.

well the link on #16 (which i used as my main manual for install, not the other androidforums link, but it lead me here along with 300 other googled links, lol)

AC_SWMv1.1_10_30_BETA.zip (392.5 KB, 14945 views)
only downloads as a 64kb file, so its incomplete

THERE WE GO
signed back in, did an F5 on post#16 and it let me download the full 392kb zip!
going to retry and post if i have other problems

thank you GBHill

ThaSkaMan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
although in thinking about things before pulling the trigger, if i cant fully virginize my phone back and it needs to get serviced or traded in, then there goes my expensive warranty on it and no cash back

kinda scares me out of wanting to
but after the warranty, HMMMMM no holds fight then! IT'LL BE ONNNN

X-23

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
can someone please help me :( i download it and unzip it, and the application does not appears in the folder (the .exe file) please help! thank u

guillote4552

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
HTC Inspire 4G

works fine with it. Now I could run revolution. Thanks a LOT!

Sideload Wonder Machine 1.1 public beta
20fc19s.png

1. This has not been publicly tested, so it gets the BETA tag. It has been through a good bit of private testing, and it's time to put it out there for bug reports. The download is attached to the bottom of this post. The source will follow once I'm satisfied the BETA isn't broken.

2. You will still need to install the Microsoft .NET 4 framework. You can find a direct download from Microsoft right here.

3. To install version 1.1 of the SWM, you need to place the AC_SWM folder that is inside the zip file you downloaded on your C:\ drive. Don't place it in any subfolder. Don't remove any files or folders from the AC_SWM folder. Doing it this way (manually copying the folder) keeps us from having to write to the Windows registry. Nobody wants to do that.

• Open the downloaded zip file with your favorite zip file utility. Or just use Windows and double click it.
  • In a separate window, open My Computer and navigate to your C:\ drive. If you don't have a C:\ drive, you already know what you're doing and will need to create one.
  • Drag the AC_SWM folder from the zip file into your C:\ drive.
2dlotp4.jpg

Inside the AC_SWM folder is the program itself. LEAVE IT WHERE IT IS. You can create a shortcut to the application anywhere you like, but the program itself needs to stay put.

You will also need to install the adb USB driver for your phone. You can find this at the manufacturers site. The application will not, and can not function without this. Refer to your device specific forum for help if needed.

You will need to enable USB debugging to use the SWM. On your phone:
menu->settings->Applications->Development . Check the box that says USB Debugging.

To use the SWM:
  • Connect your phone to your computer.
  • Make sure your phone is not set to act as a USB device.
  • Make sure your phone is not set to act as a USB modem.
  • Make sure any applications or windows that open and run when you plug your phone in are disabled. This includes doubleTwist and WinAmp, as well as device or carrier specific programs.
  • Open the Sideload Wonder Machine program on your computer.
  • Use the "Choose APK" button to find the .apk file of the application you want to install. It's a standard windows dialog. Just select it and choose "open".
  • You'll see a popup that tells you exactly what file is being prepared to be installed. If this is correct, click OK in that window.
  • Press the "Install" button to install the application to your phone. If you are upgrading an app that already exists, be sure to check the box to let the program know.
  • A window will open. Read what the window says. If there is no error message, everything went as planned and your application is now installed.

If there is an error, while your phone is plugged in open the diagnostics window via the "Diagnostics" button. Run both diagnostic tools. Read the output of them, and look for the error. If you are unable to resolve the error, please provide a screenshot of both diagnostic windows for better help.

Direct Download link

Download as an attachment below.

zenrag

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I own an Atrix unrooted.

I have read through multiple pages of this thread and cannot find any helpful assistance to find the ABD download file for the motorola atrix.

There have been multiple questions from people asking where they can find this file, yet there are no answers coming back.

I have d/l the motorola usb help software and even this does not work.

Can someone be a great guy and at least pass along where this link would be??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc