Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine v. 1.2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be having a really stupid issue (I hope)...I run the swm in both admin and non-admin modes (win7), and when I click the install button the command line opens. However, all it says is 'C:\AC_SWM>' with the flashing underscore after it...when I hit the troubleshoot button the same thing happens. Im pretty sure its not a phone issue since I have debugging on, the usb mode is set to 'none', and I have .NET Framework 4.0 installed. Can I get a bit of help please? I will root it if I have to, but the only reason I would want to is to side-load apps.

Did you use the installer?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

egyptiangodset

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
do me a favor
  • with your phone in debugging mode and plugged in
  • go to your windows start button, click it
  • when the menu pops up either hit run or in the search window type CMD
  • then type cd C:\AC_SWM
  • once it changes type adb devices

ok, did that, this is what i get:

* daemon not running. starting it now *
*daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
TA2070AI9B device

C:\AC_SWM>

egyptiangodset

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
essentially when you use the troubleshooting for testing drivers it does the same thing that i had you do with adb devices.... have you tried to uninstall and reinstall SWM?

just tried it, no go. im wondering if its a file -extension issue because originally i had to switch the default program for .bat's from notepad to command prompt (my comp changed it for security reasons), maybe something else was changed that i dont know about?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
just tried it, no go. im wondering if its a file -extension issue because originally i had to switch the default program for .bat's from notepad to command prompt (my comp changed it for security reasons), maybe something else was changed that i dont know about?

yeah those files need to be batch files. try downloading Notepad++ , open them using that program and save them as batch files

egyptiangodset

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Try ruining the usbdiag..if that does not work maybe we can screen share see if I can find the problem

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

thank you! your idea inspired me...i managed to jerryrig it by just doing the command manually. I loaded the app through the program so that it created the to_install.apk, then when the command line opened up i ran the loader.bat and that worked...dunno why it didnt do it automatically but its def better than not working at all, so thank you!

rtmartinez24

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I am using a cappy from AT&T. I installed SWM and it is working. I was able to install the amazon app store app but i still cant install programs from the that app. where can i find the apk's for programs i have downloaded from the AAS?

kurioskurion

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Device Not Found

thanks for the app. Hope I can get it connected.

Was able to install the SWM to Windows 7 perfectly fine.

I'm running an Inspire 4G.. set to charge only (also tried HTC Sync & Disk Drive) phone is set to Debugging

I've tried both usb ports on my laptop and two different usb cables.

SWM still cannot see my Device.

any ideas?

core132

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a windows 7 and a AT&T ATRIX 4G. I've had the phone for a week, and I'm new to this stuff. When I try to install the .apk, I get an error saying "device not found". I have no idea what to do. Maybe I don't have a driver, but I don't know how to install them..

uhfive

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!

I have had every iPhone since day one. I waited overnight in line for the first one, I worked at an At&t store shortly after that and the day the 3G came out i had a friend buy one for me (as employees we weren't supposed to have them), I bought the 3GS the day it came out, and the iPhone 4 i had to work so my wife waited in line for almost 7 hours to get one for her and i...Jailbroke every iPhone i had, i figured rooting couldn't be much harder. I "soft bricked" my Atrix the first day i got it. that put a bad taste in my mouth about Android on day one. I tried this whole side loading app that same day, but i found it from a different source. It worked about as good as a butter knife would at cutting a 2x4. I gave up...thankfully i was looking for some new apps online today and came across your post. Thank you is all i can say, I only wanted to root so i could sideload apps (Amazon App Store) didn't see the possibility of another brick as a good trade off. Your app worked wonders. I can truly say that you have saved me from switching back to my iPhone. I appreciate your help and this websites wealth of information!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund