AT&T issues

potnug52

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I followed all instructions for installing the Sideload Wonder Machine. And I was able to get the Swype-Installer APK into the program folder. However, when I initiate the installation I'm getting the same message I was getting when I tried to install directly from the publishers: "For security your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from Android Market." Any suggestions for a way around this or am I basically screwed? ATT is starting to remind me of Apple a little!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I followed all instructions for installing the Sideload Wonder Machine. And I was able to get the Swype-Installer APK into the program folder. However, when I initiate the installation I'm getting the same message I was getting when I tried to install directly from the publishers: "For security your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from Android Market." Any suggestions for a way around this or am I basically screwed? ATT is starting to remind me of Apple a little!

cant you just use a swype.apk instead of the swype installer?

numetheus

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

It's because you are installing the installer. When you run that on the phone it unpacks the actual apk and that is what prompts the message. You are trying to install one on the device. You have to use sideload wonder to install the actual apk. There is a guide on the internet if you Google install swype on Inspire.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

wife spy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I can't get the sideloader to load on my computer, never mind getting anything loaded on my motorola phone.
I have been up since 11:30 pm and it's now 2 am. I'm going to bed. Please explain what the problem is. I looked for everything I was suppose to and couldn't find the thing in the C drive. Yes, I am not a computer geek!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463