SWM issues with Sony X10

jimdon

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to use the SWM with a Sony Xperia X10. I have downloaded all the latest software from the Sony website and still can't get SWM to run - I get the error: device not found and also under troubleshooting I do not see a serial number when I run the diagnostic. I have checked the driver under device manager and it appears to be working. I have followed all the steps in your documentation and still doesn't work. My computer is running Windows Vista and my phone is Android 1.6. When I mount the phone I can see the adk files, etc. but they will not load. Please advise.

Thanks,

MoonBunny

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem

I have the same issues you do, jimdon. I have an AT&T branded SE Xperia X10. I absolutely love this phone, but I can't upgrade from 1.6 :'(. Have you found an answer to your question elsewhere?

bamatized

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
same problem here, at&t they had new 2.1 update and it now won't allow any of my paid apps or apps period that I backed up to download back into phone, "blocked files not native to android market" which is a load of crap cause use nothing BUT that. So tried this program to get them back on it and yeah device not found and i have all the drivers etc and running windows 7

Wesle Gillespie

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok I WAS having the same problem, but I found version 1.1 beta worked!!!!! I'm sooooo happy now. It found my X10 and installed my FPse and now i'm playn FF7 :):):):):):)

cmbs

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I also have the xperia X10 with at&t and keep getting the 'device not found' error. I tried the beta and get the same results. I tried two different cords in two different usb slots. I can see the phone in the device manager. I have tried to update the driver many times, and I am supposedly updated. I am sure it's in charge only mode and disabled all my installed apps. USB debugging is enabled. I searched the internet for newer drivers but only found some on the Sony site from July 2011. That is installed. I am using Windows XP and did downloadand install .net framework 4.

I am trying to use the avast anti-theft and it requires the non-market apps to work.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.