Hello everyone,

I am a newbie here and hope I can contribute with some good (if not slick) deals. But, before I do so, I just wanted to ask some questions.

Every-now-and-then, I do see some offers about Android TV Boxes on eBays which are way below the market price. So, I did place some orders and most of them turned out to be scams, but some do really shipped their items. Of those items I received, some of them are junk and/or partially defective, i.e. no bluetooth module, AV port fails, etc. For instance, I recently ordered an S905 TV Box with 1 /8 GB RAM / eMMC storage for less than US $13 + Free ePacket shipment from one of eBay sellers. The package arrived a few days late (usually around 10 days). I have no problem to use it to enjoy TV stream through the included kodi. However, I noticed the AV port gives an out of sync video when connected to my old 62" Toshiba big screen TV while the AV port from another Z4 octa-core TV Box connected to the same old 62" Toshiba big screen TV works just fine. Also, I noticed the bluetooth module does not work while the one on my Z4 octa-core TV Box works just fine. Anyway, to make a long story short, I started to think this deal is one way of a scam to dump factory defective items. Regardless, the seller said s/he will give a full refund.

Now, the question I have is this. Will it be wise to post here about such deals? The reason I asked this is because I don't want to be considered as a spammer while I really want to contribute to the community.
    08-08-2016 08:55 AM
    First things first: Welcome to the forums.

As for the posting of links in this instance, I would suggest keeping it to a minimum. As of this writing, there really is no rule against linking to ebay or other online retailers (with the exception of linking to another selling site when listing an Android device for sale).

The most blatant form of spam is not posting links, but linking to something that has nothing to do with Android or any accessories. So if you see someone posting a link to wood furniture....that's bad. Someone posting a link to say an Amazon deal of the Day for an Android TV stick most likely won't raise a red flag.

Personally, I avoid ebay like a plague. Mainly because of the potential of getting scammed. I prefer to do my business over an actual retailer's site or Amazon.

If you have any further questions, feel free to either PM a Moderator, myself included, or post in this thread.

Golfdriver97,
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    spagman likes this.
    08-08-2016 09:11 AM
    Edit:

Golfdriver97 beat me to the punch - Here's the link to the forums rules for reference, which would to read and understand the various forum rules, including posting/sharing links: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Golfdriver97 and spagman like this.
    08-08-2016 09:12 AM
    Golfdriver97: Thank you and I do understand.
    08-08-2016 01:12 PM
    I sort of differ on some of those opinions, in the past I've posted many deals from ebay sellers but I make sure that:

- They have plenty of positive feedback, hundreds if not thousands
    - They offer a money back guarantee
    - They usually have free shipping (big positive for posting deal becuase that way the price is the price regardless of US location)
    - The price is good
    - Sales tax, if any is confined to only a few states
    - Many more than one of the item is available

With the above in mind there's very little worry and the deal should be good to post.

~Steph
    09-10-2016 11:10 AM