• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi to everyone and first of all:
1) sorry for my bad english
2) thanks in advance to all that will spend time to help me

Recently I Purchased an TV Box with ANDROID Q
TICTID is just a Trademark Brand for device probably clone and the same as other Trademark Brands like HK1, Bqeel, H96, or Vontar, all of which are made by the same unknown OEM/ODM manufacturer, but I suspect they are all made by Elebao Technology Co.
The "TicTid T8 Max" with Android 10 is actually quite well reviewed in many tecnology italian sites so I decided to replace my Mecool 8S Pro+ with a new Tv Box mainly cause the Mecool doesn't provide a 5 GHz Wifi connetion.

The label outside of the device box present all that specifications
CPU: RK3318 Quad-Core
GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450
RAM: 4GB
ROM: 128GB eMMC
Ethernet: 100Mbps LAN
WIFI: 802.11b/g/n/ac, 2.4G/5GHz
Adapter: DC/5V/2A
Looking at the System Info I found that:
Operating system: Android 10.0
Build: QQ1D200105.02 release-key
Kernel version: 4.19.80 #1 Sat Apr 18 10:22:58 CST 2020
Android security patch level: March 5, 2020
Unfortunately just after the power up and the first look to the "Android based operating system" interface, I notice that there isn't any voice menu to switch the WIFI band from 2.4 to 5 GHz

Obiviously the device can't connect to my router (Fritz!box 7590) that have just the 5GHz band active by personal choice.
Activating the 2.4 GHz band on the router, the device quickly connect to the network and I can browse the web.

It's impossible to update the "Android based operating system" to have a more useful menu for the wifi section and try to switch to the 5GHz band.

I installed WiFi Connection Manager and used the in-app function to reset the network setting, again with no success

My request to all of the expert users about Android Q WiFi band managment is to indicate if there is a way that allowed me to use the 5GHz band or that give me the opportunity to update the device Android 10 based interface to a more useful version.

Thanks a lot to everyone for the help

G.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that it's a hardware problem - the WiFi hardware isn't working on 5GHz. That's the first thing I'd suspect. Connecting to a visible WiFi signal by name should work, whether the router is running 2.4GHz or 5GHz. (Name your signals with slightly different names in the router, so you can immediately see which one is which - and you can tell the box to connect to the one you want. [If the receive portion of the hardware is bad, you probably won't even see your 5GHz signal - but if the transmit portion is bad, you can see it, but not connect to it.])