Chinese popup every couple of minutes on android tv box

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

H96Curious

Jun 12, 2022
Visit site
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'm new to android in general, so I wasn't sure how "niche" a tv box would be
I'd be happy to ask on the xda forum, but it didn't strike me as useful, there is already one thread about it without an answer

I'm sure someone here will see this and can suggest some useful info. I didn't expect an immediate answer/solution. I'm grateful for the responses and help I already received, especially the mods. If I find a solution on my end, I'll post it.

In the meantime, message in a bottle

H96Curious

Jun 12, 2022
Visit site
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'm new to android in general, so I wasn't sure how "niche" a tv box would be
I'd be happy to ask on the xda forum, but it didn't strike me as useful, there is already one thread about it without an answer

I'm sure someone here will see this and can suggest some useful info. I didn't expect an immediate answer/solution. I'm grateful for the responses and help I already received, especially the mods. If I find a solution on my end, I'll post it.

In the meantime, message in a bottle

H96Curious

Jun 12, 2022
Visit site
update:

I followed this guy's video, it seems to help. I actually went further than that, I disactivated / deleted / disabled a lot of google stuff in android. He talks about options in google play, I don't have an account there, I don't use it and a lot of that stuff I never use or care about takes significant amount of energy/cpu from the box. Some stuff is actually sending data to google, so that also is stopped, I delete if I can if not I disable. People with the issue should try these steps.

if you are a person interested in privacy you should also take a close look at what's running in your box, you won't stop everything but you shouldn't make it easy to collect your data either. Bring a drink, relax and go to Apps and take a look at them one by one. Get your computer and google every single one one of them to see if it's something you want or need, if not delete / disable. be ruthless. Don't think about some far future potential, if you don't need it immediately, kill it. You can always install it or enable when that day of your dreams arrives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7h_8SPBKFI

H96Curious

Jun 12, 2022
Visit site
Question to the Androiderz, this box always has the Bluetooth turned on by default, I tried everything I can, I didn't find anything that would let me change that default. It runs on Android 9

Anyone knows how to disactivate bluetooth? or change its default so I can turn it on WHEN I want?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo