HDMI no Signal on new Android MXQ OTT Box

A

AC Question

I got this :MXQ Android Tv Box Amlogic S805 Quad Core 1080p

I have just received my box, and only opened one of them for now. I conncted via HDMI to my TV and I get No Signal? This box is currently only working with A/V cable why? Its not my tv, cuz all my other components via HDMI on same port works.

I tried doing Factory Reset on the box also, then I tried plugging in HDMI and its still NO SIGNAL, I checked the display settings and the HDMI Auto Detection is set to ON and 720p and I cant change it, its grayed out

any help please? This box is brand new.

norkon

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue. Crazy fix was to turn off the HDMI auto detection and manually set the quality to in my case 1080p @ 60 hz. Getting to that screen was a pain because it would lose signal if the home screen loaded at all. I had to hard reset the unit and press setup to enter configuration immediately after boot up screen. My model was MXQ

Jorge LP1

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue. Crazy fix was to turn off the HDMI auto detection and manually set the quality to in my case 1080p @ 60 hz. Getting to that screen was a pain because it would lose signal if the home screen loaded at all. I had to hard reset the unit and press setup to enter configuration immediately after boot up screen. My model was MXQ

how can i turn off the HDMI auto detection if i have not signal on TV ?

dingos

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
im new to this but i had this problem with mine.(q-box)for me it has an auto resolution and by default it was 480 had to old school it with rca cables to get it on screen and zoomed out the default desktop screen and that turned on the hdmi and rebooted and its all good

casper_the_ghst

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
im new to this but i had this problem with mine.(q-box)for me it has an auto resolution and by default it was 480 had to old school it with rca cables to get it on screen and zoomed out the default desktop screen and that turned on the hdmi and rebooted and its all good

Your box has RCA cable output? What if we only have HDMI and USB connections or outputs.......what then?

Pierssy

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
I have just had a similar problem with my TX95, I set the resolution to Auto and the screen went blank, my box only has HDMI. Tried powering it down but still just a blank screen I then unplugged it for a few minutes and restarted it with the HDMI lead unplugged after 30 seconds or so I plugged the HDMI lead back in and it worked. Not sure how but I got my box back without having to do a reset.

PeFo

May 3, 2018
Visit site
I also have this prpblem with HDMI on my new X96 mini box. My idea was to use it in my motorhome to see Netflix. It has a Alphatronics 12 volt tv with HDMI. Plugged it in, " No signal". Plugged in the box to a small cheap JVC tv. Perfect picture at ones. Change resolution from auto inte box to first 720 and then 1080. For the JVC perfect picture all the time. Plugged in a old sony mobile with HDMI output to the Alphatronics tv. Picture at ones! Plugged in the box again to the Alphatronic tv, started the tv first and then the box. Now I got the picture on the screen. Have I solved the problem? No. At next start same problem! Help anyone. I will buy new HDMI cable tomorrow and see if that help.

Leeisboss_6

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
I have just tried to waych netflix on my android box and i plugged the hdmi in and it just keeps on showing no singnal on the tv i have tried it on every tv in the house its still not working what do i do is it broken I NEED HELP