Not many apps work with Android TV

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
In a pinch you should be able to Chromecast to the Android Box from your phone. Sounds like you have a Xiaomi Mi Box, which has a Chromcast built in to it, as does the Nvidia Shield. Just download the streaming app to your phone then cast to the TV.

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
In a pinch you should be able to Chromecast to the Android Box from your phone. Sounds like you have a Xiaomi Mi Box, which has a Chromcast built in to it, as does the Nvidia Shield. Just download the streaming app to your phone then cast to the TV.

True, but that's not the point of having the Mi Box...for casting, I could've gotten a Chromecast device not Android TV box.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
True, but that's not the point of having the Mi Box...for casting, I could've gotten a Chromecast device not Android TV box.

Not sure if you are a sports fan, BUT you can add the sports streaming site NBC Sports to your list. I have to Chromecast it, to get it working on my Shield.

SdM123

Feb 9, 2019
Visit site
If you do a Google search for the apps name plus the letters APK you might find a version that will work for you. the Play Store will often say that you can't install the app on your TV box but you can find them elsewhere. Aptoide is one option.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you do a Google search for the apps name plus the letters APK you might find a version that will work for you. the Play Store will often say that you can't install the app on your TV box but you can find them elsewhere. Aptoide is one option.

Mixed results, some apks just don't work. I could not get the sideloaded NBC Sports apk to work. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital