did a terrible mistake by deleting default input method and I format the system. then releasing this android box do not have a file explorer preinstall! there is no ROM to reflash it.
    now I do not have keyboard and a file explorer to install apk
    anyway to work around to install apk? I wanted to use browser but there is no keyboard and I cant type...
    02-16-2019 01:11 PM
    I moved this to the Android TV forum for more specific traffic.
    02-16-2019 01:21 PM
    If you've ever installed an app from Play, you can try going to Google Play in a web browser and installing a launcher and keyboard (and file manager, if that's what you want). Choose the TV box, not your phone.

If you never have, maybe a repair shop with some good technically-qualified people - assuming that the manufacturer of your particular box released a ROM image. (If it's a T9, you can try https://androidpctv.com/firmware-box-t9-rk3328-v4/. Otherwise try googling for a ROM for your model.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-16-2019 04:31 PM
    If you've ever installed an app from Play, you can try going to Google Play in a web browser and installing a launcher and keyboard (and file manager, if that's what you want). Choose the TV box, not your phone.

If you never have, maybe a repair shop with some good technically-qualified people - assuming that the manufacturer of your particular box released a ROM image. (If it's a T9, you can try https://androidpctv.com/firmware-box-t9-rk3328-v4/. Otherwise try googling for a ROM for your model.)
    There is no rom for me to reflash it. As mention. I did a factory reset and i dont have a default input method to begin typing in my login for G.PLAY
    I only have a mouse cursor which i can execute apps but no file explorer in the system. Anyone else can help?? ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข
    02-17-2019 05:00 AM
    Its not a T9 model. Its a ZTE funbox which is not common but with tegra 4 chip & google for the rom but nothing. Factory reset so no Gplay acct & cant apply your remedy on it.

But I have found a way to work around it by connecting the box to pc and install the apk using a china desktop app that can communicate with android phone/box when developer mode is on.

So if anyone that encounter the same issue as mine. Maybe can try this.
    02-17-2019 06:03 AM