I have a question about Roms and Emulators

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have seen all kinds of different YouTube videos about this but I am looking to know does anybody know what is the simplest and easiest way to setup Roms and Emulators on an Android TV Box

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way to set up an emulator on a TV box is not to - most of them don't have the power or the resources to run anything in emulation at any speed that would keep you from falling asleep. A cheap old phone would be more powerful - just find one that has MHL output on the USB port and use an MHL-to-HDMI adapter.

Jun 22, 2019
Visit site
The easiest way to set up an emulator on a TV box is not to - most of them don't have the power or the resources to run anything in emulation at any speed that would keep you from falling asleep. A cheap old phone would be more powerful - just find one that has MHL output on the USB port and use an MHL-to-HDMI adapter.
I don’t understand why you say not to and I don’t want to play games on a phone and I don’t have an Android phone anyway and I just want to know how to setup it up to play games

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What part of "most TV boxes don't have the power or the resources to run anything in emulation at any speed that would keep you from falling asleep" don't you get? The game I'm assuming you're emulating an NES or something?) is going to run so slowly that you'll realize that you waster all that time setting it up. You could play ping pong by glancing at screen every 10 seconds or so, until the ball was on your side of the table.

How you set it up is simple, so you can try it. Find a game box emulator on Play, load it and run it. Copy a game ROM to the box. Run the game from the emulator. Then prepare to yawn.